PDA

View Full Version : Silva vs Belfort UFC 126

The Boss
02-05-2011, 09:08
Well tonight is the night for the long awaited, once cancelled, highly anticipated match between the 2 Brazilians Anderson "The Spider" Silva and Vitor Belfort. I am extremely pumped up for this fight as I am a huge fan of the Vitor Belfort from his younger days when he had incredible hand speed and awesome knockouts, but when the UFC turned big into a wrestler dominated sport and Vitors sister got kidnapped, his career hit the crapper big time. I think The Tito Ortiz loss somewhere around 2005 ended his UFC days back then, and then he lost some more in Pride etc. He has been injured, inactive and unimpressive for a long time. You always hear about how great his Jiu-Jitsu is but every time he is on the ground he seems to be getting bludgeoned. I don't think I have ever seen Vitor in someones guard, in the mount, Ground n Pounding, or submit someone.

Now my new favorite fighter to watch is Silva, with incredible striking abilities, foot stomps, head fakes and awesome ground game. For this fight, I se now way Anderson Silva does not knock out Vitor Belfort within a few minutes. Vitor will want to throw punch and Silva will move the head and snap a jab dead in Vitors face and that will be the beginning of the end. Spiders fights are always entertaining though, so I can't wait.

Also Rich Franklin should be getting KO'd by Forrest Griffin and Ryan Bader Faces Jon Jones in a great match-up. Should be a great night!

Here the odds from Bodog.com

Main Bouts:

Miguel Torres -500
Antonio Banuelos +300

Ryan Bader +220
Jon Jones -280

Jake Ellenberger -260
Carlos Eduardo Rocha +200

Forrest Griffin +135
Rich Franklin -165

Vitor Belfort +200
Anderson Silva -260

I might throw a few dollars on Bader but the Griffin +135 looks real good. Franklin does nothing but get knocked out and he pumped up in weight and only got to 203. I dont get that one

Junior
02-05-2011, 09:19
Vitor dropped to 185 for this fight too. He used to be heavywieght! then at 205 until now. He might have been 195 for that Rich Franklin fight. He's going into Silvas house to take his belt. I will be amazed if he can do it

The Boss
02-05-2011, 10:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unbNWwPzQaM

Jersey John
02-05-2011, 19:22
Whats with the mask?? Vitor didnt laugh and Silva had to get serious on'em! Silva really is unbeatable, nobody should be putting money on Vitor Belfort here

Jimmy from Brooklyn
02-05-2011, 20:16
I'm watching online, let me know if you need a link

The Boss
02-05-2011, 23:11
He wasnt near as impressive as I expected, but I nailed the Forest griffin prediction. That along with the Bader-Jones fight were kinda boring so I hope Silva feels like being entertaining tonight

The Boss
02-05-2011, 23:29
Oh God what a kick to the face that was. Not even a kick to the head, straight into the face. Glad Vitors ok.

Junior
02-07-2011, 15:15
No real good videos of the KO yet, but you get the point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axksDRIMJ7s

Jersey John
02-07-2011, 17:20
My God, it looks like Vitor was expecting him to stomp his feet or something when that leg come forward, almost like he didnt expect it to keep coming towards his face. You got knocked the **** out!

Jimmy from Brooklyn
02-10-2011, 14:57
What a kick, they were saying today Steven Segal might have taught him that kick when Frank Shamrock was on with Boomer & Carton.

Alex6788
02-11-2011, 05:19
Man that kick was insane!!!! I can't imagine how much that must have hurt.

IFollowedLocke
02-12-2011, 05:16
That looked like an easy KO. He didn't even seem to see it coming!

The stare off vid is funny, I like how that guy kept getting in between them.