PDA

View Full Version : Presentation of Key to Michael Vick

raidersbrother
02-08-2011, 10:05
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e33918/article/dallas-mayor-disavows-key-presentation-to-eagles-qb-vick?module=HP_headlines

I don't really understand what the problem is. Vick made a big mistake. He was caught, and he paid for his mistake. He appears to have made changes, not just in his conduct, but also his attitude. Give the guy a break.

IFollowedLocke
02-08-2011, 21:33
I believe in redemption in most cases, but I don't think he's really redeemed himself. He only stopped because he got caught. He would have happily went on torturing dogs for who knows how long, even though he of course knew it was wrong.

raidersbrother
02-09-2011, 06:21
True. But if you think about it. Most people who do wrong things will continue to do wrong things unless they are caught, and/or corrected. The latter part only works if they have a conscious and a heart that is humble enough to admit the wrong and make changes. I think Vick has made those changes. Even his demeanor off the field is entirely different now.

IFollowedLocke
02-10-2011, 22:39
Yeah...maybe... I don't know enough about it really to comment, I suppose. I remember reading what he wrote after getting out of jail but thats pretty much it. I just can't imagine how anyone could participate in something like dog fighting.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
02-23-2011, 11:56
Why woould anybody in Dallas give Vick a key to the city when he's 1) a huge rival and 2) a Dog killer.. doesn't seem very bright.

Junior
02-28-2011, 07:57
Yea, Eli Manning is a good guy but would you be happy as a Cowboy fan if he got the key to your city??!