PDA

View Full Version : Marc Malusis

Junior
02-19-2011, 13:15
Well Marc Malusis is on WFan until 4 this afternoon and he seem to be invoking some pretty serious love and hate amongst the fans. I think most everybody that listens to WFan has their favorite hosts, and the hosts they can't stand listening to. Marc Malusis does not seem to be immune from that. Even in the Moose and Kim Jones (http://66wfan.net/showthread.php?314-Mooose-and-Kim-Jones) thread we see some people liking and other being annoying by Malusis.

For me Moose is in the middle. If he's on I can listen but I am not dropping everything to hear him. There are times when he take a stance I think is ridiculous, and his Mike Francesa instincts kick in with callers, but for the most part I think he is fair.

Are there any big Marc Malusis fans or haters out there? I'd like to know what aspects of his show push your feelings to the extreme in one direction or the other.

The Boss
02-19-2011, 14:09
I've said it before, Malusis likes to argue too much. the comparison to Francesa is real.. God forbid a caller start off by telling Moose they disagree with him, they get shouted down right away.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
02-20-2011, 00:50
Yeees

MooseFanatic
02-20-2011, 03:36
You can take me with a grain of salt if you want, but I will say this. I think Marc Malusis is misunderstood.

I call Marc often on the show, and he treats me well. He has never been condescending or aloof towards me. Granted, I first emaild him
last year, so I was able to get to know him more from there. Then I felt comfortable calling his show. My relationship with Moose makes it easy to call.

Even if I did not know him, I would still like him. He is passionate about sports. He knows his stuff. He puts in a lot of work
at what he does. This is a guy that paid his dues to be where he is today. If you listened to his interview with Heyman, it was top notch.
He actually talk about other teams in baseball, which is something most hosts on WFAN and 1050 never do. That says something.

I also think Moose actually talks about the Devils, Isles, Nets, Rutgers and Seton Hall, which is something no hosts never do. That to
me is why I respect him a lot.

I find Moose to be funny and passionate. He gets me to think. He makes me know a lot more about sports. I just feel like there is a
good vibe when I listen to him.

What bothers me is this idea that Marc hates the Jets. That is not a true. Does he rip Rex Ryan a lot? Sure. Does he get into it with Jets fans?
Of course. Here's the deal. Marc's job is not to be a cheerleader to any teams in town, and if he finds something offensive, he should speak his mind.
That's what he is being paid to do. Some of the stuff Rex says is out of line, and I did not care for Rex's talk a lot this year, especially when his team
stunk in the AFC Championship Game. When the Jets talk a lot and come up lame, yeah Marc has every right to rip them. I would do the same too.

It seems Jets fans have taken it too personal with Marc, and it was out of line this year.

This idea about Marc purposely fighting with calles is nonsense. He doesn't tolerate stupid calls, and he shouldn't. He wants to hear takes not to ask questions.
He expects fans to be educated, which is what sports radio should be not hearing idiotic trade rumors or takes from callers.

If you want an asshole, listen to Bob Wischusen in the 90s. The guy was really bad to people.

DietCoke
02-20-2011, 21:10
I think Marc Malusis is exactly what is wrong with WFAN. He thinks he is Francesa or something. Atleast Francesa is funny, because he cant talk correctly, and is kind of stupid.

Malusis talks down to people for no reason, and comes off as an ignorant jerk off. I would rather listen to Lori, or Tony Paige....that is saying something.
Also Moose needs to pay attention about sports history, and what is going on in the present. I guess you could say he doesn't really know alot. He is too much of a stats guy.
I cant wait til Malusis is fired.

IFollowedLocke
02-21-2011, 08:59
I think Malusis likes to argue to much too. He comes off as a troll to me. Of course, this makes it pretty entertaining to listen to. Maybe thats the reason why he acts so argumentative?

DietCoke
02-21-2011, 16:03
I think Malusis likes to argue to much too. He comes off as a troll to me. Of course, this makes it pretty entertaining to listen to. Maybe thats the reason why he acts so argumentative?

i agree, but he isnt really funny when he argues with people. to be honest hes kind of nasty, and extremely disrespectful to fans.

he tries to act like Francesa. the thing with Francesa is he is funny, because he kind of comes off as a moron, and he cant speak properly. thats funny to me.

what Malusis does was entertaining for a bit, but then you get sick of the way he talks to the listeners.

Junior
02-22-2011, 15:09
Yea besides MooseFanatic it seems most think he treats callers poorly. I always wondered how be gets away with it. It's not like his ratings are though the roof.

MooseFanatic
02-22-2011, 18:48
Yea besides MooseFanatic it seems most think he treats callers poorly. I always wondered how be gets away with it. It's not like his ratings are though the roof.

I know Moose has no time for taking dumb calls. If anyone says something without making their point, he does dismiss them.

I also know Moose created a feud with the Jets fans this year. Marc always rips Rex Ryan and the Jets, and Jets fans don't like it. I remember in his Twitter page, Marc was taking shots at the Jets when the Patriots ran up the score on them on Monday Night Football. I also recalled Moose mocking Rex by saying when God created Rex, he made him to be the best football coach he could ever be.

Now, I do agree some of the stuff Marc said about the Jets was uncalled for. He shouldn't be resorting to that. This is not what sports radio should be all about.

I talk about the Jets with him often, and he has been good with me on that. Of course, I am not a Jets fan so I don't get worked up about what he said. Still, he has to respect the Jets fanbase, who are his callers. Those callers make up his show. You can't be alienating those folks.

BTW, I didn't think it was an accident that WFAN paired Moose with Lori Rubinson the night of the AFC Championship Game. The station did not want to see him go at it with Jets fans on that night win or lose, especially if the Jets lost, which they did.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
02-23-2011, 11:39
You know, if you happen to know moose personally like MooseFanatic up there does, you shouldnt expect Moose to treat you like a dick, but if you happen to not be the most gifted speaker like my man Val from Brooklyn, you can expect Malusis to be a complete smart ass with his sarcastic "Yesss" and "I couldnt have said it better myself" lines. I know Val has issues that a bully can make fun of, but that doesn't mean you're cool for doing it, it means you think you're better then people, and if your name is Marc Malusis you really shouldn't have such an ego to feel that way. Mike Francesa might think his opinion is the only right one, but he doesn't mock people with speech impediments like a complete classless ass.

This is the same problem I had listening to Boomer n Carton years ago, when Craig would get a guy on the phone that was obviously an older guy and tell him he couldn't satisfy his wife or something along those lines, when the guy had a criticism.

Georgia Roddy
02-24-2011, 10:19
Marc is a parrot of Mike, he's like a worse version of Mike. Mike at least has the success in the industry to be a little arrogant. Malusis acts smug just like Mike and has the same exact viewpoints as Mike. An out and out clown. One of the worst hosts on the FAN.

IFollowedLocke
02-24-2011, 21:57
i agree, but he isnt really funny when he argues with people. to be honest hes kind of nasty, and extremely disrespectful to fans.

he tries to act like Francesa. the thing with Francesa is he is funny, because he kind of comes off as a moron, and he cant speak properly. thats funny to me.

what Malusis does was entertaining for a bit, but then you get sick of the way he talks to the listeners.

Yes, I agree. Thats why I'm not really interested in listening to him, but it can be funny from time to time. I kind of feel bad for the callers though, in case they get offended/their feelings hurt.

DietCoke
02-28-2011, 11:57
Yes, I agree. Thats why I'm not really interested in listening to him, but it can be funny from time to time. I kind of feel bad for the callers though, in case they get offended/their feelings hurt.

exactly. i usually laugh when callers say stupid things, but Marc goes out of his way to clearly insult their intelligence. also its usually older people/seniors calling at his hours.

pjb1150
03-01-2011, 14:09
We call him the Mad Moose now. He's changed over the past year. He loses patience for no reason and does talk over everyone. It was uncomfortable listening to Marc and Kim when she was last on. He was yelling at her and she was like, wow, ok...It was very strange. I don't bother now. He has zero personality and charisma. Mike is fun to listen to and make fun of but moose is not.

champ11228
03-02-2011, 01:38
I'm not a big fan of Malusis. Seems like a Tank Jr. to me.