PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Taylor: Scumbag or not?

Junior
03-22-2011, 09:23
I was just listening to Boomer and Carton, and Carton for some reason is on the L.T Story today. He was saying to a caller that defended L.T, that L.T had to have known she was the age that she was, and that L.T is just a straight "scumbag".

I think this is a bit strong. I don't know lawrence, but I do not think he is a child predator. I dont think L.T went out looking for an underage girl that night. I would have to think that he just wanted sex on that night at the hooker he wound up getting was underage.. now I do think, generally speaking that a person has to have a little deviant in them to have sex with a hooker they found through a pimp in a motel anyway. Apparently this girl was forced by her pimp under threat of violence to have sex with their customers. The issue here is, that LT was not her pimp! I have not heard that LT beat her, or forcibly "raped" her in anyway. The rape issue comes from the fact that she is under the age of consent and therefore is not legally considered able to be smart enough to decide she wants to have sex yet, and the older half is guilty of the rape tag in that case.

Think about this for a second. Most of what I saw last month about the Mark Sanchez - Eliza Kruger situation (http://66wfan.net/showthread.php?1081-Mark-Sanchez-has-sex-with-minor) was mostly in Sanchez favor... He did not break any laws and iit was consentual. I dint think any of us know the birthdate of LT's girl or Eliza Kruger so let assume Eliza had just turned 17 and LTs girl was about to turn 17 in the near future. Is there really such a massive difference in the situation? There are a few things, like LTs age and the fact his victim was a prostitute, but if neither LT or Sanchez forced their partners then... i don't know.

LT might be a scumbag. hes had drug issues and other problems over the years, and I'm sure this isnt his first hooker, but the idea that he Mike Tysoned this girl is a bit much I think.

http://byonestinvazion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lawrence-taylor.jpeg

mezz1962
03-22-2011, 11:05
Carton is always over the top. In a few days he'll probably say he was a little harsh. While LT did wrong I don't think it was as bad as people make it out to be because in truth she was a prostitute. I do question why he is continually getting into trouble when it's not called for. There is a psych condition that is known that basically causes you to destruct (Self-Defeating) anything that is going well in your life it is called Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

For example if you got a good job and everything is going well your mind can't handle it and it starts to envision people talking about them or creating situation that you'll over blow out of proportion until you quit or get fired. Then you will go into depression wondering why this continues to happen only to you.

The Boss
03-22-2011, 11:33
Taylor Sentenced To Six Years Probation (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/22/ex-giants-star-lawrence-taylor-to-get-sex-offender-status/)

That would be the reason Boomer and Carton were talking about it today.

heres the story from huffingtonpost.com (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/22/lawrence-taylor-registered-sex-offender_n_839034.html).

NEW CITY, N.Y. — Former football star Lawrence Taylor has been sentenced in New York to six years on probation after a judge refused to allow a teenage prostitute to speak.

The ex-New York Giants football star pleaded guilty in January to sexual misconduct and having sex with the underage prostitute. The girl, now 17, appeared in court with well-known attorney Gloria Allred.

Allred said the girl waned to read a victim-impact statement. But the judge said victims are entitled to speak only at felony sentencings. Taylor pleaded guilty to misdemeanors.

Taylor will also have to abide by the conditions of a sex offender. But the judge postponed until April 12 the hearing to determine what level of sex offender will be assigned to him.

So we don't know what level of offender LT will be assigned until April 12th. If he is anything but a "1" I will be very shocked. First off, everybody knows who LT is. 2nd, you don't want people knowing where celebrities live for their own safety, and LT didn't commit any sort of violent or forcible act. Personally I think LT is wrong in every way in this case, and if he knew her actual age then he is a complete scumbag, but he will never know what age he really though she was.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
04-26-2011, 17:46
There is a psych condition that is known that basically causes you to destruct (Self-Defeating) anything that is going well in your life it is called Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

It's also called being a scumbag, and Carton is right, LT is one. An all time great, dominate player and just as much a douche bag in his personal life.