PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Caller

champ11228
03-27-2011, 02:32
Who's your least favorite regular WFAN caller? I'd have to say Mike in Montclair. That guy is a disgusting racist.

The Boss
03-27-2011, 08:56
I don't nkow his name, but I have heard a guy call Tony Paige and he takes forever to say anything.. one specific time TOny was up against it and told him to be quick, and the guy goes - Ok I wanna tell you something about that, ok, let me tell you something, if you think... ok, i mean Tony if you would think about it, ok, if you would think about it... ok, - and then Tony jumps in and tell him to hurry it up and say it, and he responds - ok I just need a minute ok? I'm gonna tell you now because I want to make a point Tony Paige, ok, I was trying to tell you if I could have have a chance... and Tony just hung up on him because the guy wouldn't make any point! I heard the guy call Francesa once but he spit his point out much quicker.

mezz1962
03-27-2011, 14:04
There is a guy on late night and before every sentance he says "Tony Paige" URG I want to strangle the guy he goes like this

Tony Paige how are you? Tony paige I want to talk about the Mets! Tony Paige did you see Beltran limping today? Tony Paige URG!!!

mezz1962
03-27-2011, 14:05
There is a guy on late night and before every sentence he says "Tony Paige" URG I want to strangle the guy he goes like this

Tony Paige how are you? Tony paige I want to talk about the Mets! Tony Paige did you see Beltran limping today? Tony Paige URG!!!

The Boss
03-27-2011, 16:23
Max from the Bronx?

BrooklynAncestry
03-27-2011, 20:53
ye that def sound just like Max

BrooklynAncestry
03-27-2011, 20:55
But my least fav is Jimmy who constantly calls Mike "Mr Francesa". For no other reason then he in fact does call Mike "Mr Francesa" about 5 times every call.

Jersey John
03-28-2011, 21:42
Whos the girl that calls at night sometimes and always is so upset at some stupid thing? Shes my least favorite caller

MooseFanatic
03-29-2011, 05:06
I honestly can't come up with one.

Then again, I listen to Moose only and he has great callers.

I couldn't stand Bruce from Flushing years ago.

DietCoke
05-14-2011, 12:22
this guy leslie. he sounds like he is in a closet.

mezz1962
05-15-2011, 00:22
Sometimes I really hate Ralph from Manhattan. Most of the times he is OK but he really does say some stupid statements, like whenever he sees someone on the street wearing a sports jersey, he says he wants to throw up...WTF?

he also comes off sometimes like he is better than all of us. He even admits that he really doesn't watch too much sports, he is more interested in calling WFAN because he "Likes the discourse"

I think he listens all night and then tries to find an angle so he can argue and try to make a name for himself

FanDROID
05-15-2011, 10:19
Sometimes I really hate Ralph from Manhattan. Most of the times he is OK but he really does say some stupid statements, like whenever he sees someone on the street wearing a sports jersey, he says he wants to throw up...WTF?

he also comes off sometimes like he is better than all of us. He even admits that he really doesn't watch too much sports, he is more interested in calling WFAN because he "Likes the discourse"

I think he listens all night and then tries to find an angle so he can argue and try to make a name for himself

I agree with every thing you said. Except for the part where you said Sometimes I hate Ralph from Manhattan. I would replace that with all the time. I always have the misfortune of getting in the car right as they say "Let's go to Ralph from Manhattan" ughhh.

Disappointing
05-15-2011, 22:26
Mike from Montclair - his overriding motives for every call are a tangent on how much he hates the NBA and his bitterness that WFAN won't employ him as a host. He is a disgusting sycophant to Francesa in what I can only assume to be the hope that such ass kissing will better his chances at getting a job.

Lisa from Whitestone - she has to preface every banal Yankee call with a five minute dissertation on how she used to go to the old stadium as a little girl and how much better the old stadium was, blah blah blah. It is bad enough when callers have to give their resume of fan experience; it is an egregious crime when a regular caller has to give the same boring stories before getting to whatever the point of the call was to begin with.

I will also support those throwing Ralph to the wolves. Ralph seems to have appointed himself a morality censor who complains about everything that does not conform with 1950's WASP culture and he takes it for granted that the WFAN audience is entirely made up of conservatives. I for one listen to sports radio to get away from politics and Ralph finds a way to slip some smarmy conservative point into most of his calls.