PDA

View Full Version : Duke lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum charged with murder

mezz1962
04-19-2011, 20:21
A murder charge against Crystal Mangum, was filed in NC yesterday. Mangum, 32, along with being indicted on a first-degree murder charge over the death of her boyfriend, was also being charged with two counts of larceny.

In 2006, Mangum, who is black, falsely accused a group of white Duke University lacrosse players of raping her at a frat party for which she was hired by them to perform as a stripper.

Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and a whole host of Civil Rights activist descended on Durham, N.C. and proceeded to parade her around in an effort to take advantage of long-standing tensions in Durham about race, class and the privileged status of college athletes.

The low point of the Duke lacrosse episode came when 88 members of the arts and sciences faculty came out with a full page ad to send their “thank you” to campus protesters who had been branding the players as “rapists." To this day they never apologized, and not one of these "88 Morons" ever recanted their statement.

The three players accused of rape – Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty and Dave Evans where followed and hounded every day by the press, and citizens eager to exploit the racist aspect of this story.

Spurred on by Sharpton, Jackson and the "88", The district attorney Mike Nifong quickly rushed to judgment and indicted the players for rape.

As the investigation moved forward it became clear by the evidence that the three players were not only being falsely accused, but evidenced proving beyond any doubt that some of them were not even present when the so called rape occurred. DNA evidence proving the three men were innocent was also being ignored by the investigators, and Nifong evaded any questions about the DNA results.

The district attorney Mike Nifong who championed Mangum's claims was later disbarred and charged with criminal contempt of court, was sentenced him to one day in jail and a $500 fine.

North Carolina's attorney general eventually declared the players innocent of a "tragic rush to accuse." Evans, Finnerty and Seligmann filed a federal lawsuit alleging that Nifong engineered a wide-ranging conspiracy to frame the players.

Today, you will not find Jesse, Al, or any of the "88" defending this woman. because at the time of the Duke incident, she was portrayed as this poor black girl, just trying to make a better life for herself, but now as her life is unfolding, we see not a poor woman, but a lair, thief and now an accused murderer.

Friends said Mangum has never recovered from the stigma brought by the lacrosse case and has been involved in a string of questionable relationships in an attempt to provide stability for her children.

In an ironic twist of fate Vincent Clark, a friend who co-authored Mangum's self-published memoir, said he hoped people would not rush to judge her. Even more disgusting was clark's statment that "I'm sad for her. I hope people realize how difficult it is being her"

Difficult for her? The statement is almost laughable if it wasn't so sad that three young men will have to carry the burden of being accused rapist for the rest of their lives, because of the lies Magnum spoke, and how Jessie, Al, and the 88 spurned on.

I do hope this woman spends the rest of her life rotting away in a jail cell. I am all for giving people another chance, but when you try to ruin young mens lives with false accusation of rape, then you deserve all the bad things that come your way.

I can only hope the real people who fanned the flames of this racially charge story would also get punished for the role they played. Unfortunately we all know that Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton and the "88" will never have to worry about getting their just desserts. They simply slither away, and wait patiently till the next Tawana Brawley or Crystal Mangum appears, so they can come out like cockroaches. They will spout their racist accusation and reap thousands of dollars in donations, and of course scurry away when the light of facts are shined on them.

I am all for equal rights, I will defend another persons right to be treated fairly with my life, but this episode actually sets back the civil rights movement, by giving real racist a chance to say "Look what happened at Duke"

Hopefully when she goes to jail for life, this sorry chapter will finally end, and the book will be closed forever.

Written by Dominick Mezzapesa
Twitter @dmezz1120
Email: Mezz1962@gmail.com

Jersey John
04-20-2011, 12:40
I read she stabbed him to death, allegedly. I wonder if her defense will be that he was raping her. What a disaster this girl is.

http://www.dailyprosecutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Crystal-Mangum.jpg

The Boss
04-25-2011, 14:16
Francesa just broke this story on WFan Dom!

Jimmy from Brooklyn
04-26-2011, 17:32
Itll be hard for any jury to believe her defense whatever it may be. She can go away for awhile I think