PDA

View Full Version : Texas Ranger Pitcher Gets Called Out for Attending His babies Delivery

mezz1962
04-20-2011, 23:22
Normally when a reporter wants to make a name for himself, or is desperate to get on TV, or talked about on stations like WFAN New York sports talk radio, they bring race into a story.

Case in point Andy Martino, when Luis Castillo was going to be released, he wrote that one of the reasons was race. Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts, both fell into the trap, and had Martino on their WFAN mid-day show. Of course they did a good job of calling him out, and Martino like the weasel he is, back tracked, and claimed he never actually wrote Luis was being released because of race, it's only what he was hearing. Where Joe & Evan failed, was putting Martino on the spot by having him tell the audience exactly where he was hearing this. Of course Martino made up the whole story since no one had even mentioned race as a factor, and not one person ever called WFAN to say "Get rid of this bum because he was Dominican"

Since then, of course we have not heard, nor seen Andy Martino, because he is an irrelevant moron, covering an irrelevant team.

So with that said, I have to give some credit to Dallas Observer columnist Richie Whitt for at least showing some creativity. Yes, his story like Martino's, was moronic, and he did write the story to get some publicity, but calling out Texas Rangers pitcher Lewis Colby for choosing to be at his wife's side as she gave birth to their second daughter, instead of taking his regular starting pitching spot in the rotation, was to say the least original.

Lewis became the first player in Major League Baseball to utilize the league's new paternity leave list, which allows players 24 to 72 hours leave. Whitt wrote "Departures? Totally get it because at a funeral you're saying goodbye to someone for the last time. But an arrival is merely saying hello to someone you'll see the rest of your life."

Whitt of course completely ignores the fact that bringing a child into the world is not like getting your tooth pulled. It's a dangerous time for both mother, and child. While much safer than years past, there are still a myriad of things that could, unexpectedly go wrong. Case in point, who knew the doctor delivering Whitt would drop him on his head?

So Whitt will have stories written about him, he will rightfully be called, an idiot, and a moron, and other names I cannot write, but in his mind he is happy because people are writing about him, and to the idiots of the world, I guess that is all that matters.

Congratulations to Colby Lewis, and his wife Jenny who gave birth to a beautiful daughter Elizabeth Grace last Wednesday.

By Dominick Mezzapesa
Twitter @dmezz1120
Email: mezz1962@gmail.com

Jersey John
04-21-2011, 09:59
I'm going to guess he was trying to be funny..

The Boss
04-21-2011, 16:19
Some of these people are just clowns