PDA

View Full Version : Jets and Giants 1st Round Mock Draft Picks

mezz1962
04-27-2011, 18:53
Giants Picking #19 1st Round
The Giants will definitely be looking for a future LT in this draft. They could use some good, young, offensive linemen. So far William Beatty has shown he is not being capable as the LT. In the end the Giants will probably take the best lineman available of the three listed.

I don't think they will pick anything other than Offensive Line (Best Bet is who I think they will wind up getting)

#1 Mike Pouncey Guard/Center Florida - maybe off the board before the Giants get to pick, can only hope he drops from the projected #15 to #19. He is built like his brother and he has the skills similar to his pro bowl Pittsburg Steeler brother.
#2 Best Bet Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College Castonzo is one of the top 2 OT prospects in this draft and he may go higher, But I think the G-Men are in a good position at #19. He has terrific work ethic and experience. This move will allow Coughlin to move Diehl inside where he belongs. Coughlin will take this kid if he is still available because of his BC ties
#3 Derek Sherrod, T, Mississippi State He will not be a dominate force in the NFL, he will be a quality starter for years. He is a complete tackle, he has excellent athleticism, good strength, and is very good in every aspect of the game. Should really be a #21 but if the above picks are gone the Giants will take him for his steady play

Jets Picking #30 1st round
The Jets need a pass rusher in the worst way. The have a solid team, and if they can re-sign their big three, then they may yet return to the AFC championship, but without a solid pass rush, they will once again fall short of the Super Bowl. Picking #30 they will need to get lucky, since any legitimate pass rusher should be off the board by the time the Jets are on the clock.

Top 5 Choices In order or Top Prospect (Best Bet is who I think they will wind up getting)

#1 - Corey Liuget, DE/DT Illinois Corey Liuget can really bring pressure from his Defensive Tackle spot. Liuget is big, strong, and very agile. I highly doubt he would drop to #30 but Jets could also move up a few spots
#2 Akeem Ayers, DE/OLB UCLA Ayers would give them an athletic linebacker with playmaker abilities. he is a very good pass rusher which the Jets absolutely need. He is projected to be a high #20 pick
#3 Cameron Heyward DT/DE Ohio State Tremendous athlete who does a great job shooting the gap and making plays in the backfield. may not fall the few spots for the Jets to draft
#4 BEST BET Phil Taylor DT,Baylor Taylor can come in and take over at nose tackle and also slide over to one of the end spots too if needed. he is in the perfect spot for the Jets to take.
#5 Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona Looks like, and plays very much like Green Bays Clay Matthews. Jets maybe picking too high to take him since he is a real late first round, Very early second round player

Dominick Mezzapesa
twitter @dmezz1120
Email mezz1962@gmail.com

The Boss
04-27-2011, 23:00
Its hard to get pumped up knowing the odds of trading up for the jets its pretty much 0% with the lockout in effect and the NFL being closed for business, but I still hope they get a good pass rusher, which is not something we'll know until the draft pick plays X amount of games.