PDA

View Full Version : Why does Francesa even have Girardi On?

mezz1962
05-11-2011, 23:06
It's funny listening to Francesa's weekly love feast with Girardi.

Now with A-Rod hitting an oustanding 259 and hitting 5 home runs, you would think Francesa would ask Girardi about A-Rod, but No of course not, in fact all Francesa did was say "A-Rod hasn't gotten off to a great start but we all know he'll be fine so lets move on"

What???? Not only does he not ask Girardi a question about A-Rod, but he does his "I am Mike Francesa sports Pope" routine and ends any discussion about A-Rod....and Mike who's this "We" stuff. I have been writing that A-Rod is old, he has a bad hip and his numbers have gone steadily down since his PED aided 2007 year. So please leave out this "WE" stuff

I guess listening to Francesa's interview, I assume If the "Sports Pope" says A-Rod will be fine there is no reason to even mention him hitting 206, with 0 HR's and 3 RBI's for May?

Dominick Mezzapesa
Twitter @dmezz1120
WFAN Dominick from Hicksville

The Boss
05-11-2011, 23:18
I caught that today too... he breezed right past it.

Disappointing
05-15-2011, 22:47
The interviews with both managers are profound wastes of twenty minutes. However, Mike is convinced that the fans want to hear from the managers each week, so the listeners are going to have to deal with it. I would humbly recommend doing the interviews every 10 to 14 days instead of weekly, and Mike actually engage the managers objectively instead of giving Girardi managerial advice on how to run the Yankees and treating Collins like a feeble-minded camp counselor that doesn't even have a real team or job.

wolfbugs
06-30-2011, 13:43
I agree Mike also does the same thing with beat writers Sweeny Murti and Ed Coleman. Why do they have a spot??? Mike does all the talking so why bother, just proving the point that Mike knows it all!!!

mezz1962
06-30-2011, 21:08
And all he does is give his opinion. He does not even ask Girardi about anything important. You would think if he has access to the manager he would ask something like. "Why didn't gardner bat leadoff from day 1 of the Jeter DL and see what he could do as a lead off hitter against both Lefty's and Righty's?"