PDA

View Full Version : Hang in there, Kid

Stanhoops
05-31-2011, 22:18
I hated Gary Carter as an Expo.
But I loved him as a Met.
Say what you want about his constant smile and what appeared to be phoniness on his part, but when he came to New York, he didnít wilt under the bright lights of the big city.
He totally knew how to call a game and get the most out of his pitchers. And when the Mets needed a big hit, he knew how to deliver.
When the Mets landed him from Montreal, I couldnít believe it, but I knew they meant business, and that business was winning a World Series, which they did less than two years later.
Who knew at the time that it would be the last title the Mets would win? But Carter was definitely the player who pushed them over the top.
And for that, I will be forever grateful.
Good for him that he made the Hall of Fame after waiting longer than he probably should have.
Unfortunately, he is in for the fight of his life. But if there is anyone who knows how to fight, itís definitely the Kid. Good luck to the great No. 8.

Jersey John
05-31-2011, 22:42
This is when faith becomes so important. I heard he has 4 inoperable tumors, so i don't know if they have other treatments that they will try, or if they will just leave it alone, but the prevailing idea seems to be that we will get the news before baseball season is over the Gary has passed. I dont mean to jump the gun, but thats what it seems to be right now. In a situation like that faith is the only thing to comfort his loved ones. All the best to him and his family.

The Boss
05-31-2011, 22:54
I'm no fan of any 86 Met player but I sure hope Gary can beat this.. or at least be comfortable in his last days. All the best to him and his family, they have some hard days ahead of them.

Junior
06-06-2011, 07:39
Very sad to hear this last week. He is a great guy from what everyone says. All the best to him and his loved ones