PDA

View Full Version : "Sign Jose Reyes Day" at Citi Field

The Boss
06-06-2011, 22:15
As I turned on The Mike Francesa Show this afternoon I caught the last minute of his conversation with someone on the issue of trying to sign Jose Reyes. I can only guess what Mike had been saying before he started talking about the fans being heard loud and clear against the Braves at the 1pm Sunday afternoon game on August 7th. If everybody shows up that day with their signs and chants the whole game to sign Reyes and if everyone can show up for a rally in the parking lot before the game, then he (Francesa) guaranteed that the Met ownership would be forced to take notice.

As I said I only caught the end of the segment, but I can guess that Mike had said something I've heard him say a thousand times before, that the fans can never get organized to pull of something like this. I have heard him say that the fans dont like to plan things in protest because its too much like work. He has said the fans only care about protesting something if it is fun and convenient.

I happen to agree with Mike. I think that if every Met fan in new York knew about this "sign Jose Reyes Day" at Citi Field that maybe a handful would actually show up early for a rally and bring a sign, and Mike says you need half that stadium to be in on it to make the impact you are hoping for.

Can the Met fans get organized and put something special together to show Met ownership that it is in their best interest to resign Reyes? I am not a Met or a Jose Reyes fan but I have to admit that a "Paul O'Neill 2001" type of a chant for Jose Reyes every time he comes to bat, while he is on the bases, after he scores (and at the rally before the game) etc would be nice to see.

Anybody interested in using this thread to support this is welcomed to.

mezz1962
06-06-2011, 22:27
Ummmm Jose would be gone by Aug 7th, Trading deadline is July 31st

The Boss
06-06-2011, 22:52
I am almost certain that what I heard Francesa said. I also thought I heard him saying he picked a Sunday night game and that game is a 1pm start, so maybe he didn't say that day

Jersey John
06-07-2011, 07:11
I didn't hear about this but 1) Met fans wont do anything and 2) Reyes will be gone by August 7th!

wolfbugs
06-07-2011, 07:41
I don't agree with almost everything Mike says but this sounds like a great idea I also did not hear his comment but Mets fans should listen to him. I am not a Mets fan but if I were I would round up the troops for Jose Reyes.

Jersey John
06-07-2011, 21:26
Its not a good idea because if it is attempted it will fail and tell ownership that the fans aren't that into the idea. Fans don't want to work for their players