PDA

View Full Version : Would George Have Stood for This?

mjunctionNYYfan
06-10-2011, 07:07
It's times like these that I miss George Steinbrenner (and so do the Yanks). Can you imagine how he would have reacted to a second consecutive sweep by the Red Sox of the Yanks at Yankee Stadium? Without him management (Girardi/Cashman) baby the players way too much and this year the pampered bunch are coming up small in every department (just one example: .250 team batting average compared to .270 for the Red Sox). There are also mental mistakes galore. Girardi sometimes seems more interested in resting players than winning games (so they will play better in September/October--we saw last year how that strategy failed when the team played poorly at the end of the season and had to settle for a wild card) and Cashman with his Jaba rules to protect pitchers such as Chamberlain and Hughes (we've seen how well that has worked: Jaba's on the DL and Hughes is making a 'rehab start'). Someone has to get in the face of the players and with the Boss gone unfortunately there is no one around to do it.

Jersey John
06-10-2011, 08:04
George would have done something, but if those things ever added up to improved performance on the field was never proven to me. Did the Yanks see this was coming years ago leading up to those stupid Joba Rules? probably

wolfbugs
06-10-2011, 09:28
I agree with this, George would have already have had a head on a platter, or maybe more then one head!!! Yankees lack of wanting to win is so out in the open, that it is scary! They just don't have that fire in their bellys like teams in the past. I blame Girardi he is way to lax and I think he would have been the first one to go if George were still here. I guess his sons don't care about the team as much as Dad did. I have a feeling Yankees will not even make wild card this year!!! Just sayin. My opinion.

Junior
06-10-2011, 10:06
If George were alive by now he would have had a heart attack