PDA

View Full Version : Review WFAN Phenom Fantasy II All semi-finalists

mezz1962
06-25-2011, 07:59
All the contestant video's can be found here http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/20/fantasy-phenom-challenge-%E2%80%93-year-2-semi-finalists/

Westchester Mall:

Matthew O’Brien, Monroe, NY #4
Voice was good, but felt like more of a stand up comedy act (With no jokes) than a sports rant. Said LeBron did not choke he shrank...but then went on to describe how he chocked. Did not bring up any specific stats to back up his correct "Shrank" statement. He could have gave us what his scoring average was the first 3 quarters and what he averaged in the 4th

Josh Burstein, Brooklyn, NY #10
Completely moronic rant. Says Mets need to get Daniel Bard, or Matt Caine for Reyes, completely ignoring FACTS. Reyes is a free agent after this season, and with Papelbon who is also a free agent at the end of the year, the Red Sox have Bard penciled in to be the Red Sox #1 closer...so why would they trade him for a rental player like Reyes?

Mike Reyes, Brooklyn, NY #7
Ok rant on Mike D'Antoni nothing special, same old arguments, and a lot of if this only happened, if that only happened...sorry they didn't and D'Antoni is still a weak coach. WFAN host do not use if only this or if only that happened...that what callers do NOT the host.

Mohammed Qureshi, Brooklyn, NY #11
Yea yea I am not PC too bad...get over it. If you are going to be a host on a RADIO show it would help if you speak English correctly. One of the reason I have an editor and never call myself a writer is basically because I butcher the English language. Went off the deep end as his ran wore on and towards the end you can tell his meds wore off.

Vincent LoVaglio, Brooklyn, NY #3
Did OK, clear voice, I think he is a regular caller on WFAN. The only problem I have is when people completely ignore facts. Example in his rant that Dirk is the best player in the NBA he basically says Kobe's 5 rings were only good because Shaq was there for three and Pau Gasol was there for the other two. Dirk had an old Jason Kid so his one Championship is some how worth more than Kobe's five? When you completely ignore FACTS to prove your argument then sorry your argument is idiotic.

Ralph Bednarczyk, Floral Park, NY #6
THE FIRST SMART CONTESTANT!!! Every moron I saw on during my reviews never bring their rant printed. Do you think Adam "The Bull" or Mike Francesa memorize their monologs? No they write them down and then either read them word for word or they use it as a reference so you don't hear dead air because they never lose their place. In the middle of the rant you lost points when you lost track of where you were and did the ah...wha..er.. thing till your brain kicked back into gear.

Demetri Adrahtas, Long Beach, NY #1
Very nice rant, professional, he seemed smooth but made one HUGE error in my eyes. His rant was about the Mets making a "competitive offer" to Reyes...BUT he never said what that "Competive offer" was. He is still on top in this semi's but all he had to say was $90 million for five years and he would have done significantly better.

Neeraj Joshi, New York, NY #
Came up with a 2 coach Knick system rant, which is pretty silly to have an offensive coach & a defensive coach...Basketball is NOT football people and even with football you have ONE head coach who makes the final decision.

Connor Keisel, Huntington, NY #2
Skip to 59 seconds because for some reason his rant did not start till then. Something wrong with the mic because you could hardly hear him. Did OK, nice rant, well thought out. Wish I could have heard his voice better, but overall he did well.

Matthew Evans, Elmsford, NY #3
Again mic sucked...could hardly hear him Decent rant again well thought out. Basically like the previous contestant Conner Keisel he was solid.

Justin Lichtenstaedter, New Rochelle, NY #9
Basically a pointless rant. When you end with "I am a baseball fan...I like baseball" you know it's not a hard hitting rant.

Chris Torello, Middlebury, CT #8
Weak LeBron rant. Basically said after losing the championship, LeBron doesn't deserve respect blah, blah, blah, basically it is what a caller would say. Could have been a lot stronger and he actually touched on a better rant but never went with it.

Roosevelt Field Mall:

John K. Shea, Seaford, NY #2
Seemed to be out of breath, Normal "Need to keep Reyes rant" did include the 90 million for 5 years offer that I had said in my Demetri Adrahtas, Westchester Mall review was missing. Lost a few points with his "manager of the Year" comments. Saying Collins is a strong candidate for Manager of the year is silly.

Patrick Lynch, Stewart Manor, NY #4
Skip to about 34 seconds that's where his rant starts. First if you're going to use a "saying" please get it right, Patrick said "Just when the light comes into the tunnel" instead of the correct "Just when we see the light at the end of the tunnel" Horrible rant.

Nick Golden, Dobbs Ferry, NY #7
His rant was about what a loser LeBron is and how the owner of the Cleveland Cavs is laughing at this loser LeBron....and I just kept thinking LeBron is in the NBA finals and the Cavs owner is home playing golf with the Cavs players.

Mike Trezza, Lindenhurst, NY #4
Got points during his AJ Burnett rant by saying "AJ is 0-7 against the Red Sox with the Yankees, this after going 5-0 while as a Blue Jay" Well done...LOST points saying, "If the Yankees fail to make the playoffs for the second time in 4 years it's all because of AJ and how the Yankees signed this bum to a huge contract" He completely ignored the World Series they won in 2009 with AJ.

Larry Kaplan, Bayside, NY #8
Another "Shocked that the Mets are 30-32" OMG folks can someone use a friggin calculator? The Mets were expected to win between 75-79 games, 30-32 is a 483 winning % and over 162 games that would come out to....78 WINS. So the Mets are on pace to do EXACTLY what they were expected to do.

Siddique Farooqui, Woodbury, NY #1 BY FAR
Good Voice. Very good Rant so far the best I have heard here and also the Semi finalist from the Westchester Mall. Well thought out "Why are we so mad at LeBron?" rant. He defends LeBron using well thought out comments, and he did it smoothly and professionally...Well Done Siddique

Harris Wichard, Merrick, NY #3
Started off well, claiming the Knicks must follow the Dallas Mavericks playbook and become a defensive minded team, but went off kilter for a few moments when he started saying Jarred Jeffries is a great defensive player but an offensive liability.

Matthew Wasserman, Lindenhurst, NY #6
Ok Rant nothing special...made a huge gaffe when he could not remember the Yankee pitcher who hit David Ortiz

Casey Viera, Flemington, NJ #5
Weak voice and seemed really nervous at the start kept saying "And" all the time which made his rant very uneven for the first 45 seconds, then he seemed to catch his breath and relax. Much better 2nd half of the rant, but the whole thing lack passion.

Menlo Park Mall:

Mike McMaster, Basking Ridge, NJ #1
Very nice rant, lost his train of thought for a second or two a few times, but at least it was a different topic for once. Very good job, needs to back off the mic just a little because he was just too close to it. So far in this competition he is in my Overall #3 position

Patrick Totaro, Brick, NJ #4
Good rant, Seemed at ease behind the mic. Made a point to give examples of "Big 3" teams, I felt it was a mistake not to mention the modern day Celtics, but threw out a lot of old time teams that had "core 3's" leading the way. Overall a good job

Scott Iacovelli, Lake Hiawatha, NJ #3
Good Radio voice, seemed at ease. Very good rant the only thing he could have done better was making his Rant subject more clearer. He started off by saying "I want to talk about the NBA finals" and then went on I think then advantage that no one..." This is a rant and your supposed to be talking to an audience. It would have been clearer if he said right from the start "With the NBA finals are tied one game a piece I think the huge coaching advantage that Dallas has will now start to show itself" Overall a great job.

Dan Strafford, Westfield, NJ #2
Great job using cheat sheet and also using actual "quotes" Very well done...It seems Manlo park has a lot of great quality people.

Patrick Creighton, Bethpage, NY #7
Didn't really know what his rant was about. I assume it was the "Miami Big three winning a championship" The Rant never really ranted about anything.

Brandon Contes, Port Jefferson Station, NY #5
Ok rant, nothing special, again like a few before him, there was no bite to it, just seemed like it was a vanilla rant. While it was done well, it was far from memorable.

Fred Austin, New Brunswick, NJ #9
Never got past the 8 "Ahhhs" in the first 30 seconds. If people are trying out for this they really need to record themselves and get over these "Ahhhh" reflex moments

John Jastremski Staten Island, NY #8
Do people actually listen to themselves while practicing. The opening line is SOOOOO important and when you open with "I recently picked up this recent sports illustrated" you're off to a bad start.

Anthony Riccobono, Staten Island, NY #6
Used the same subject as Siddique Farooqui, Woodbury in the Roosevelt field contest but was by far less effective than Siddique was. It was OK and he did nothing really wrong, the delivery was lacking and since they used the same exact "Defending LeBron going to Miami" subject it was an easy call to see where he went wrong.

Artie Panagiotakos, Brooklyn, NY #10
Did the "Mets are crazy to pay Jose Reyes for 7 years 140 million on a team with a 100 million dollar yearly payroll" but said 5 years $100 million was OK? Either way thats 20 million a year on a team that will be spending $100 million.

The Boss
06-25-2011, 09:45
Hey sorry about the last threads. Its much better to have it all in one thread anyway so it can last throughout the competition.

The Boss
08-15-2011, 08:52
Well I believe these are the 5 finalists to go at it this Friday at Bar A. hopefully they make the right choice and we get a nice talent on the mic for the next year

Neeraj Joshi, New York, NY #
Came up with a 2 coach Knick system rant, which is pretty silly to have an offensive coach & a defensive coach...Basketball is NOT football people and even with football you have ONE head coach who makes the final decision.

Patrick Totaro, Brick, NJ #4
Good rant, Seemed at ease behind the mic. Made a point to give examples of "Big 3" teams, I felt it was a mistake not to mention the modern day Celtics, but threw out a lot of old time teams that had "core 3's" leading the way. Overall a good job

Mike McMaster, Basking Ridge, NJ #1
Very nice rant, lost his train of thought for a second or two a few times, but at least it was a different topic for once. Very good job, needs to back off the mic just a little because he was just too close to it. So far in this competition he is in my Overall #3 position

Patrick Creighton, Bethpage, NY #7
Didn't really know what his rant was about. I assume it was the "Miami Big three winning a championship" The Rant never really ranted about anything.

John Jastremski Staten Island, NY #8
Do people actually listen to themselves while practicing. The opening line is SOOOOO important and when you open with "I recently picked up this recent sports illustrated" you're off to a bad start.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pXGEZtU592k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0lo-5M5oYhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M0iu5Qy9mwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ItfX-nPLK0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z4rE2mgTf9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>