PDA

View Full Version : Jeter broke my Yankee heart

Funtime
06-25-2011, 08:04
http://matthewfunti.me/archives/966

This post is about my falling out of love w/ the Captain. At one time he was my favorite Yankee - when he ceased to play for the Yankees and decided to only give a **** about himself - it was very disenfranchising.

The Boss
06-25-2011, 09:38
i think youre nuts. Jetes just doing what we gets paid to do for as long as he can.

wolfbugs
06-25-2011, 10:03
Yeah I dont get what you mean???? What did Jeter do to you???? Because he is hurt?? He has to do what he is told, and I think he is one of the best Yankees ever....

Funtime
06-26-2011, 06:52
The timing of this article renders it a bit more ineffective - though, as Jeter is injured & the Yankee have turned up the heat, perhaps it is apt.

Jeter has always purported himself to be Mr. Yankee. As a lifelong Yankee fan, I have seen players come and go without changing my allegiance. Jeter's unscrupulous egotism during contract negotiations in the offseason (holding the Yanks hostage despite obviously diminished abilities) and his refusal to abdicate the lead-off spot both indicate a me-first mentality and wholly subjugate the team's freedoms. Yes, he is Jeter - but he's not the same player he once was. Far from it - he's a shell of his former self who hurts the team on both sides of the ball.

His pointless milestones are solely personal glory and when he's gone, the Yankees will press on-ward.

He should be more concerned with winning and keeping the Yankee pride alive than he seems to be. I used to love Jeter, now I wish they'd trade him to Kansas City

Junior
06-26-2011, 10:39
His personal goals are base hits, how is he going to be a good offensive player without getting hits? The fact that he swings at the plate in hopes of hitting the ball is selfish?

Cynthia_Marie84
07-25-2011, 14:00
Jeter's only concern has always been team wins, not personal wins. How can you say the man "broke your heart" when all he's tried to do is bring World Series titles to New York? He's the consumate sportsman and Captain. Yea, his stats are average now, but are you going to forget all he's done? Are you insane? This is what I hate about fans sometimes, when a player starts getting older and isn't performing the stellar way he used to, they turn their backs. The Yankees can do without fans like that.