PDA

View Full Version : Telling WFAN poll about how Jets are just G-A-R-B-A-G-E

mezz1962
07-25-2011, 02:48
I came across a poll on WFAN and it struck me just how pathetic the Jets are to win because the poll asks the exact players that the Jets really want on their team.

The poll asks: When the NFL lockout finally concludes, which wide receiver would you most like to see the Jets sign?

The choices are:
Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress and Randy Moss...what a group and without a doubt all of them according to their criminal records are made to be New York Jets. The poll did not include Antonio Cromartie but no worries I had room to include him, because he makes a perfect J-E-T

So here are the Jets choices, a drug user, a drunk driver, a convicted criminal, a malcontent and of course my favorite a dead beat dad.

Boy I would be proud to be a Jet fan and buy my kid a jersey with one of these morons name stitched across the back.

By Dominick Mezzapesa
Twitter dmezz1120

The Boss
07-25-2011, 09:19
2 Points -
1) All of these players will be on 1 team or another this year and
2) players fitting your description are generally equally distributed around the NFL and its not the Jets fault that players do these things.

I cast my vote for Santonio Holmes

wolfbugs
07-25-2011, 09:20
I am a JET fan and proud of it!!!! Also I notice you use the word MORON alot!!!! All ppl are not morons because they do not have your opinoion.... Most of your work I respect and agree with but I am getting tired of you calling ppl names. Be fair...

The Boss
07-25-2011, 09:23
Who called someone a Moron?

paadtarmick
07-25-2011, 10:32
If you want to discuss the off-the-field issues of various NFL players, fine, but those issues do not invalidate the merit of discussing whose talents best serve the team. If you simply want to mud sling and get a rise out of people, these tactics are effective. But if you want to DISCUSS sports topics, I suggest clarifying you're goal.

As to the point, I agree that Holmes is the most consistent and clutch out that Sanchez has. He would be my top priority.

Jersey John
07-25-2011, 10:54
Damn are we all Jet fans besides Mezz?? Don't rag our team because we are better then your! NFL rosters are littered with less than desirable characters, and 2 of the WR arent even jets but you use their conduct to put the Jets down just because WFAN decided to mention them in a poll about the Jets! Don't forget Mark Sanchez bangs High School girls!

Holmes is the best they have, the question is more about who the next guy will be. I guess I would take Braylon, then Buress and Moss last

The Boss
07-25-2011, 11:01
Boy I would be proud to be a Jet fan and buy my kid a jersey with one of these morons name stitched across the back.

I don't know how I missed that.

NFL rosters are littered with less than desirable characters

Thats my biggest problem with Dom's point, find me the team with no DUI's and everything else you mentioned. Find me guys without attitudes.

mezz1962
07-25-2011, 11:30
Great points all...But they are still Morons.

Hey I don't mind if you have a DUI every so often and yes Braylon Edwards is a moron and I am sick of players who get DWI's getting off Scott free and then crying that somehow the COPS are to blame for them getting pulled over drunk

Definition of a Moron: [From Greek mron, neuter of mros, stupid, foolish.] 1. A stupid person; a dolt. 2. a foolish person

Ok lets get into why Braylon Edwards is a Moron
1-He has been pulled over several times over the last eight years for speeding violations
2-October 2008 pulled over for driving 120 mph in a 65 mph zone
3-October 26, 2009, Edwards was charged with misdemeanor assault, why did he punch the person...because the person told Edwards he wasn't as talented as LeBron James and Edwards got mad and upset and punched the guy in the face
4-September 21, 2010, Edwards was arrested on a drunken driving charge in New York early in the morning.

#4 is where Edwards has shown him to both foolish and stupid ie: Moron

Edwards blew 0.16—twice the legal limit.

He was still on probation for the altercation that occurred in October 2009 in Cleveland. So knowing your on probation and rich enough to afford a limo he placed people in danger by driving plastered?

In an interview with a Detroit radio station, Edwards called his DWI stop "BS". He blamed the whole incident on "Tinted Windows" he did not even have the decency to say "Yea I was wrong, You should never drink and drive" Nope he just said I was drying fine (Like no one ever heard some drunk person say that). On top of being 100% wrong, the Jets sat him for a whole quarter and now he got off paying a $500 fine for driving drunk and I remind you it was twice the legal limit, so we are not talking about 1 or 2 drinks in a 225 lb man.....BTW he still has to go to Cleveland and face more charges because he violated his parole agreement.

Again I have no problems with an occasional run in with the law. It really is only natural, Young kids, loads of money, fame, cars, so you're gonna make mistakes, but Braylon seems to take absolutely NO responsibility and refuses to even believe that he is wrong...MORON

mezz1962
07-25-2011, 12:37
BTW I never put down anyone based on weight, race, religion, color, handicap etc

I will call you out if you have 8 kids and don't support your kids, Drive drunk, make excuses for your stupidity etc basically if made a bad choice then own up to it.

And while all teams have some players that made mistakes (BTW I don't call them undesirables) there are teams that at least try to do the right thing. Giant's Pittsburgh, Chiefs (My team) and please don't bring up "Big Ben" Pittsburgh did try to shop him with no takers, he was suspended for 4 games and Pittsburgh made him go in front of the cameras and apologize for his actions.

What did the Jets do with Braylon Edwards...sat him for 1 quarter. The Jets are quickly turning into a thug organization where winning trumps everything you do...even licking feet and then posting the video on line and when called out on it, Rex cries foul....Hey he was the one who posted the video in the 1st place....MORON

Cynthia_Marie84
07-25-2011, 13:18
As someone said, these players are destined to end up on ANY team in the NFL. So why make jabs at the Jets because may have to pick one? Also, I don't see how criminal records make someone a good fit for the Jets. As a New Yorker, I am offended by the correlation.

paadtarmick
07-25-2011, 13:18
If we want to blame anyone for the lack of response to Braylon's conduct, I think the fans are as guilty as the management. We still watched, we still supported, and the execs/coaching staff knew we would. If a team's winning, we are willing to overlook an incredible amount, unfortunately.

Cynthia_Marie84
07-25-2011, 13:27
Nah, that's not the case. Example: I'm a die hard Yankees fan. When A-Rod first came onboard and that whole "loosey goosey" nonsense was afoot, I didn't root for A-Rod. I rooted for my team. The team shouldn't lose support because one player does something stupid.

paadtarmick
07-25-2011, 13:30
But an unpopular superstar or prankster throwing pies is not the same as someone with an extensive criminal record. I'm a Jet fan, and I kept watching and rooting for my team. But I recognize how forgiving we are to athletes for offenses that "civilians" would be heavily penalized for. Unless animals are involved, as we've learned.

Cynthia_Marie84
07-25-2011, 13:37
I guess you're right. I just know, I wouldn't let one of those guys off the hook if they joined our team. I think the NFL should have firmer rules on this kind of stuff, like 3 strikes and you're out. That might make them re-think driving drunk and all this other crap. I'm sure they value their million dollar paychecks more. I know I would!

paadtarmick
07-25-2011, 14:00
Money talks, always!

Cynthia_Marie84
07-25-2011, 14:35
isn't that ALWAYS the way? Shame.

Jersey John
07-25-2011, 18:55
The Jets are quickly turning into a thug organization where winning trumps everything you do

Man what a joke. Every team would pick up a player that would help them win. Are they a thug organization? Yes, because they play in the NFL and half the league is in some sort of trouble. I have a hard time understanding why it is my organizations job to make sure their players are upstanding citizens anyway. The idea is to win, the fans want to win. Not to watch a team of well mannered people set a good example and lose.

212SportsWriterMike
07-26-2011, 13:19
At the end of the day, fans don't care what their players do off the field, as long as they are winning games. I bet you'd take a DUI arrest or dead beat dad if he gave you a chance to win a championship..I bet ur morals rule over winning every time

212SportsWriterMike
07-27-2011, 07:58
I gather your a Giants fan, I hope to hear you outspoken about the Giants possibly bringing back Plax

The Boss
07-27-2011, 10:20
He's a Chief fan.

212SportsWriterMike
07-27-2011, 10:29
whoops, such haste from a KC fan

jamesbell
07-29-2011, 15:43
I guess you're right. I think the NFL should have firmer rules on this kind of stuff, like 3 strikes and you're out. That might make them re-think driving drunk and all this other crap. I'm sure they value their million dollar paychecks more. I know I would!

The Boss
07-31-2011, 11:26
Sound like the Jets will be signing Plax for one year.

Junior
07-31-2011, 13:56
I'll take him. Rex will straighten out that attitude problem he has and get a lot out of him!