PDA

View Full Version : Top Free Agent Asomugha Interested In The Jets/Bright Lights

212SportsWriterMike
07-26-2011, 13:51
The free agent rumors are already swirling now that the NFL is back. The most coveted free agent on the market, Nnamdi Asomugha, may be interested in the New York Jets as a possible destination, but not for the reasons you’d expect.

Nnamdi Asomugha is an All-Pro, and one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL. He is easily the biggest commodity on the market, and the bright lights of New York may be the thing that puts him in a Jets uniform.

Reportedly, Asomugha has his sights set on a post-football career in acting. He feels that playing in New York would be his fast track to such a future, though there is no doubt Asomugha will play at the top of his game while on the field.

Certainly one of the most interesting reasons to pick a team to sign with, but if you’re a Jets’ fan, do you really care? As long as Asomugha is on the field, playing at the level he normally plays at, his off the field and post-career interests won’t really matter.

With the loss of Antonio Cromartie to free agency, Asomugha would more than replace the hole left by his departure. Besides, who could turn down the possibility of having Darrelle Revis and Nnamdi Asomugha opposite each other on the Jets’ defense? Not many.

No question the money owed to Revis already might make it tough for the Jets to sign Asomugha, but that will certainly not stop Jets’ GM Mike Tannenbaum from pursuing the most sought-after free agent of this year’s class.

VIA: http://212sports.com
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @michaelmoraitis

Junior
07-26-2011, 15:12
No, to answer your question. As long as he plans on being famous for winning and gives his all then I really don't care his motivation

The Boss
07-27-2011, 09:09
I think as long as he performs when he is here then it doesnt matter. What matters is the cap hit