PDA

View Full Version : Possible Plax-Giants Reunion? WHAT?!

212SportsWriterMike
07-27-2011, 06:58
In what will be one of the more unlikely stories of the entire 2011 free agency class, it has been confirmed that the New York Giants and Plaxico Burress will be meeting today in New York to discuss his possible future with the team.

Burress arrived in New York last night on a flight from Florida after both sides showed interest in each other. The two made contact yesterday and if both sides hear what they want to hear, the deal could be done by Friday, the first day teams can sign free agents.

This is a surprising bit of news to say the least. Who in their right mind thought Burress would end up with the Giants again after all the two sides have been through.

As we all know, Burress was arrested while a member of the Giants on gun charges and nearly helped incriminate teammate Antonio Pierce in the process. The Giants were 10-1 at the time of his arrest, and ended up losing in the first round of the playoffs, dashing all hopes of repeating as Super Bowl champions.

In the short time he has been released from jail, Burress has been outspoken about his dislike of Giants' coach Tom Coughlin, citing Coughlin as the source of Burress' issues with coming back to the Giants. That may be irrelevant as Burress and co-owner of the Giants, Steve Tisch, have a very close relationship.

One can only wonder how on board Giants' head coach Tom Coughlin is with all of this. This is no doubt a head-scratcher with the ugly past that has developed not only between the Giants and Plaxico, but Plaxico and Coughlin as well.

VIA: http://212sports.com
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @michaelmoraitis

The Boss
07-27-2011, 09:00
I will be truly shocked if Plaxico plays for the Giants. Maybe this is just the Giants being polite.

Junior
07-27-2011, 09:29
I hope they assured old man Coughlin that he wont have to deal with Plaxico again. No reason to put him through this