PDA

View Full Version : Too bad Mets no longer have Banner day...

mezz1962
08-01-2011, 11:45
Years ago once every summer the New York Mets had banner day. It was a fabulous time to be a kid.

Every year between games of a double header the Mets would swing open the center field fences and every fan carrying a banner was allowed to walk around the edge of the field.

Each year my friends and I would all huddle up steal my mom's sheets and come up with the best slogan any group of 10 year olds could have accomplished.

Unfortunately the Mets abandoned this great day so every kid has lost the chance for that great experience...Luckily for all of use the New York Jets kept the tradition of creating slogans alive and well.

I never seen a team so hell bent on creating slogans

Gang Green
No Fly Zone
Can't Wait
Welcome to Revis Island

The slogans are endless and one thing is clear the Jets can sure talk, but when it comes time to back it up, it seems the Jets aren't able to cash the checks their mouths keep writing.

Junior
08-01-2011, 13:51
People looking to have issue with Rex do not have to look very hard. Bottom line is he wins and he gets the most of his players.

The Boss
08-03-2011, 00:22
You're just mad your team doesnt have anything to put on a shirt

mezz1962
08-03-2011, 00:24
Chiefs don't need a slogan...we can just write 2010-11 AFC West Champions

Jersey John
08-03-2011, 01:12
You could also have a shirts that says " the jets in the last 2 years have won more playoff games then we (the Chiefs) have won in the last 41 years"