PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod Is A Major Distraction

212SportsWriterMike
08-03-2011, 16:57
I reported a month ago about MLB's investigation of Yankees' third baseman, Alex Rodriguez, and his possible participation in illegal poker games. New and unusual details are coming out about just how crazy these games got and the MLB is not taking it lightly.

Allegedly, A-Rod took part in an illegal poker game at the home of a record executive in Beverly Hills. According to reports, cocaine was openly used during the game, and a fight almost broke out when one of the players refused to pay the nearly half-million dollars he owed.

One of the on-lookers of the game stated that A-Rod looked shocked by the events of the poker game. In all, A-Rod lost a few thousand dollars during the game which he paid upon leaving.

These reports add to what we already know about the games with Matt Damon, and Tobey McGuire amongst others. Despite the possible comedic value from something as dumb as this, A-Rod is in hot water with Major League Baseball.

Rodriguez had already been warned about taking part in these illegal poker games, and his participation could actually land him a suspension. Although A-Rod did not take part in any gambling related to baseball, he was warned by commissioner Bud Selig and his lack of regard for that warning may lead to Selig suspending him.

This is just another example of Alex Rodriguez being a huge distraction for the Yankees. Reportedly, Rodriguez is also said to be involved with a doctor charged with smuggling human growth hormone and other illegal drugs from Canada to the United States. The distractions keep coming for A-Rod, making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @michaelmoraitis

The Boss
08-03-2011, 23:47
I heard Francesa talking about this about a month ago and I knew this couldnt be good. When it comes to gambling they do not care who you are or mess around. They cant allow things like this to get worse and the best part is the players union cant protect him.

wolfbugs
08-04-2011, 09:36
Arod's problem is that he was already warned about this!!!

Jersey John
08-04-2011, 10:40
I'm sick of A-Rod and his crap already

212SportsWriterMike
08-04-2011, 14:27
the yanks should insert a dont do anything stupid clause in his contract

The Boss
08-04-2011, 21:45
He never would have signed that. Move to third? sure. Stay out of trouble? no way

Cynthia_Marie84
08-09-2011, 13:21
A-Rod needs a WWJD bracelet..."What Would Jeter Do?".....gah!

Jimmy from Brooklyn
08-10-2011, 12:03
A-Rod really does get railed a lot. I mean he has never thrown a tantrum but yet everybody calls him a baby. He may or may not have played poker and he is a trouble maker because of it. I think his on the field problems are far worse then his off the field. His best days are well behind him

Cynthia_Marie84
08-15-2011, 12:58
agreed.