PDA

View Full Version : Mike Francesa Live from Jet camp??

The Boss
08-09-2011, 13:02
I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the schedule a few days ago. On Thursday after the Met game the one and only Mike Francesa will be doing his show from Jet camp, and as you may have heard him say earlier on WFan, he will have everyone from Mr T, to Rex Ryan to Mark Sanchez on the show. I have to wonder if the Jets have decided to end the "war" that has been going on with Mike for the last few years. Most people know that The Jets have banned their players and staff from appearing on Mikes show at the request of ESPN radio.

The most interesting thing on Thursday will be how rough Mike is with the Rex Ryan after trashing him pretty regularly over the last few years. How much will Mike tone it down for the interview? In the past he has trashed most of the team widely knowing that he would never have to actually talk to any of them afterwards. Now Rex and Mr T sit down with Mike knowing full well what he has said.

This should be entertaining to say the least. I know I can't wait to hear it.

Jersey John
08-09-2011, 13:56
This has the potential to be the Tiki Barber interview x10. Should be nice and ugly

The Boss
08-10-2011, 09:13
I can't see Francesa holding back the first time someone suggests that people want to play for Rex.. It's going to be very confrontational I think. The Francesa vs The Jets things has been one of the best parts of WFan. Not Good, but GREAT radio.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
08-10-2011, 11:56
I noticed they picked a very distruptive day to do this. First off you have a Met game that could run long and cut out a huge chunk of air time for Mike 2) The Yankees have a afternoon game so there will be no YES coverage and therefore no video available. So you have a short program and the attention of Yankees fans either watching or tuned in to 880. But, whatever it should still be lots of fun

The Boss
08-10-2011, 12:23
Well the Yankees play at 1 and the Mets at 12:10. Francesa goes off air at 7 and is scheduled to be on YES after the Yankee game and said Cameras will be rolling the whole time. There was a day awhile ago that the Mets had a day game and Mike was on the Stream on WFan.com live (The Mets games are not on the stream and usually a "best of" show runs until the game is over.) So I am guessing Mike will start his show whenever, play live online and replay whatever is missed on radio and YES later on. But yea they did pick a weird day to do this.

Junior
08-10-2011, 20:47
Damn I can not wait to see how this turns out! Never has there been such anticipation to hear a talk show!

The Boss
08-11-2011, 16:58
The big Francesa - Rex interview has yet to be aired but It doesnt have the feel like it was confrontational. We shall see though. All these player interviews are pretty standard except for Plaxico who looks like he just doesnt like talking to people.

The Boss
08-11-2011, 18:20
Something I realized and I put out on twitter (@66WFanDotNet) is that I think Rex is clearly the one that put an end to this embargo on WFan. He said he reads everything when Francesa asked Rex if he thought any of the critism the media had of him was unfair. That let me know Rex knew every word Mike was saying these past years. The man wants to defend himself and now he can by answering to Mike directly.

Jersey John
08-11-2011, 20:17
Well that was surprisingly cordial. Not a fight in the bunch. You could tell Rex and Mike had hammered things out before hand and this interview was already discussed

Junior
08-12-2011, 09:56
Mike Francesa is a major BS artist and so is Rex. they understand eachothers job and it whole be a great season with Mike covering Jets this year

Pablor
08-12-2011, 21:22
Great post.... I actually had no idea that was happening-I just happened to be off from work and turned to YES to check out Mike's show and, Lo and behold, there was Mr. Francesa in Florham Park talking to the special teams coach (Westhoff) and then Rex. It was entertaining to say the least, however, I must admit that I STILL can't stand Mike's interview style...SHEESH!!! He comes off as Mr. High & Mighty, he repeats things a million times, and he asks questions but doesn't let the interviewee answer the question adequately...instead, after asking the question, Mike proceeds to try and answer the question himself, or he peppers the person with more questions or "add ons" to the question he asked!!! I can't believe that he still has not changed or improved this interview style (given how popular Mike has become). Mike was his normal "prudish" self...getting on Rex because he cussed so much during last year's HBO show. He was really an a _ _ hole to Rex, but Rex responded cooly and with a "smile." I didn't like how Mike attacked he interview at all, and I was impressed that Rex didn't let Mike get to him.

Paul R.

The Boss
08-12-2011, 22:20
Yea Mike really does ask questions then gives the answer, then asks a follow up all before the guest says anything. You would have known all about it if you followed me a twitter Pablo, I put it out for about 3 days leading up to it!

The Boss
08-15-2011, 12:43
This is the last part of the interview with Rex. i think the interview was close to 30 minutes so I hope to find the rest of it online somewhere.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7s9zNLviTZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>