PDA

View Full Version : The Demise of Fedor

Jimmy from Brooklyn
08-10-2011, 12:15
There used to be a little MMA talk on this site so I was shocked to see no mention of Fedor being fired from Strikeforce. Considered to be the best Heavyweight in the world about a year ago, now 3 straight loses, each one worse then the previous, has landed Fedor unemployed. I know UFC bought Strikeforce awhile ago and Dana White has spent years saying Fedor is a joke, so I am guessing he is the one that did the firing with a smile.

What do my MMA fans think?

The Boss
08-10-2011, 15:43
I'm not sure what he is after the Henderson fight. You can say the Werdum fight was a fluke, and he didn't actually lose the Silva fight to a much larger opponent, but hes bigger the Hendo and I thought he would dominate. Even if he did win, his striking was very sloppy and I took that as a sign he is just not what he once was. As far as Dana White smiling, I'm sure he did and I'm sure he did the canning. Fedor is still a large draw so thats the only reason I see him being fired.

Junior
08-10-2011, 20:51
I didn't give Hendo enough credit going into the Fedor fight. He took some big shots And survived it, but Fedor is not and will never be the same. Now he is fighting in some Russian fed I saw. So, thanks for the memories