PDA

View Full Version : UFC on Versus 5: Lytle vs. Hardy Main and Co-Main Event Preview

Mooch
08-14-2011, 15:49
Sunday August 14th live from the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin the UFC will have their 5th installment of free viewing enjoyment on Versus. For a free event, this card has two fights that would easily be on Pay-Per-View main card. .

First being the main event of Chris "Lights Out" Lytle and Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy. If you never listen to another thing I say, remember I told you this: DO NOT BLINK during this fight! This is sure to be explosive. Neither one of these gentleman shy away from a good exchange of fisticuffs. "The Outlaw" after winning his first 4 fights within the organization is coming off of a 3 fight losing streak. To, IMO the best MMA fighter in the world Georges St. Pierre, Carlos Condit (ex-WEC Welterweight champion/current top-10 welterweight division) and Anthony Johnson. "Lights Out" a 5-Time "Fight of the Night" winner comes off of a tough loss to Brian Ebersole. Lytle has already stated that this will be the last time that he will walk into the Octagon. Chris has been a crowd favorite for his exciting fights and balls to the wall mentality.

The co-main event of Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller is sure to be another exciting matchup. Miller who posts an impressive 9-1 UFC record is fighting for what some believe will be a shot at the winner of Maynard-Edgar III for the UFC's Lightweight belt. Henderson, is 1-0 in the UFC after the ex-WEC Lightweight champion moved to the organization with the disolving of the WEC. Henderson is a genetic freak and I believe will try to keep this fight standing when Mr. Miller will surely want to take this to the ground.

Predections: Hardy (KO rd. 2)
Miller (decision)

The Boss
08-14-2011, 17:05
Neither guy in the main event seem to be able to win anymore. 18 months ago I would have taken Hardy with no hesitation. Now, I guess I'll still take him in a KO. Lytle should want to have a great fight to go out on and be willing to slug it out.

I'm taking Henderson over Miller. I'll put it this way.. in any given fight Hendersons upside is much greater then Millers

Hardy - KO Round 2

Henderson TKO round 2

Junior
08-14-2011, 18:10
I'm taking hardy too... Lytle has never impressed me much. I'm gonna take Jim Miller in the other biugh but only because I don't know much about Hendersn and Miller has impressed me in past fights

The Boss
08-14-2011, 22:13
Hardy - KO Round 2

Henderson TKO round 2

Well I almost had the henderson call correct. Millers got heart but took a beating. Henderson just never that one big bomb to end it

I saw 3 of the fights, and they were all very good, great night for the UFC except for the late finish. Cant wait for Silva in 2 weeks!