PDA

View Full Version : Rumors WFan is planning remove Mike Francesa

The Boss
08-15-2011, 19:00
When I first heard the rumor that WFan was planning to move Mike Francesa from his time slot, I figured that since I have no information on the subject, that I shouldnt spread unfounded rumors about it on this site. However I have had several people ask me about this, so I have decided to approach the subject the following way - I am going to report that somebody is reporting that

Higher ups at WFAN have started making plans to replace Francessa during the 1-6:30 time slot (Next Football season)

Now, that tweet from @IncarceratedBob, along with about 10 others on the subject all saying the same basic thing, have people wanting me to back this up or discount it.

First off if you are on twitter and not following Incarcerated Bob you should be. Even if you don't know him from twitter you have probably heard him call into the FAN many times. He always has breaking news and inside info.

Now as far as the story goes I have to think about it this way: The brass at WFan just decided, "hey, next football season lets make Mike Francesa move to another time slot'. If this is true there must be a minimum of 2 more pieces of information out there for this to make any sense. 1) Some other time slot will become available at that time and 2) Some other host(s) must be arranged (already or else whats the point of deciding now that you are moving Mike next year). The expanded story then becomes that the FAN plans on switching Mike Francesa with another show on the FAN in preparation for the next NFL Season.

Thats all I am putting out there. You all can draw your own conclusions on this story.

FYI - Depending who is reading this, you may or may not know that this site is not officially owned controlled or sponsored by WFan in anyway.

Junior
08-15-2011, 19:17
They are also going to buy him out of his contract? In august 2008 he signed a 5 year deal and I'm sure his slot is part of that. He will have a year left still.

FanDROID
08-15-2011, 20:46
You would have a better chance of the Mets winning their last 40 games and winning the Pennant than Francesa to move to another timeslot. If anything, he would be gone. You're not going to see Francesa in mid days? The only other option would be morning drive and I don't see any reason why Mike would want to do that at this time of his career. This whole idea sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me.

The Boss
08-15-2011, 21:43
Well yea, theres no chance he would move anywhere if you ask me. As Junior says, Francesa has that contract through August of 2013. I remember him saying it was a 5 year deal when he came back and announced Dog was gone. I could be wrong on that I guess. And I can't imagine they can just make him go to any time slot they want.

Jersey John
08-15-2011, 22:05
I'm sorry but are Mikes ratings slipping? This whole story sounds stupid. By the time this is proven wrong nobody will even remember the rumor

wolfbugs
08-16-2011, 09:47
Mike has said that the station could move him anywhere except overnight, but I don't see him going anywhere.. He has slipped and is just not the same, he looks bored, does not know his stuff anymore, he is more interested in watching the TV infront of him and he just looks tired! But i dont think he will go easily.. It will have to be a good buyout! Who would replace him??? This is all rumor!!!!!!

fansince87
08-16-2011, 15:34
Combine it with all the Sid Rosenberg sightings and it becomes clear! Mike cuts back to just weekends and Sid takes over his slot, lol!

Junior
08-17-2011, 15:46
Guys in order for this to be true WFan would need his replacement lined up.. Think about it!

Pure Gold
08-19-2011, 10:52
No way is Mike leaving. He's gonna be old and gray in that chair.

The Boss
09-06-2011, 12:27
Mike addressing the internet rumors from this summer of his leaving WFan. He says they could never figure out who started the rumor and it was just "wishful thinking" on that persons part. Francesa says he and the Company are attached at the hip for many years to come. So there you have it.

BrooklynAncestry
09-06-2011, 12:57
Wishful thinking is right. I don't see Francesa going anywhere until he decides to, unless he pulls an Imus.

ogmike
09-06-2011, 13:05
Sid and WFAN are like Billy Martin and George Steinbrenner. No matter how many times the Boss fires him, he always comes back.

mezz1962
09-06-2011, 14:13
I am sure ESPN started this junk, Francesa was off this summer and ESPN brought in some new host and they are now further behind WFAN in the ratings. The day Francesa moves from his time slot WFAN brass will have to pry his dead cold fingers from the mic.

AT WORSE! I could see Francesa doing a 2-6 slot or working having him take a Wednesday off

ogmike
09-06-2011, 15:29
Would that mean another hour of the Mets/Jets show (10-2)? That would really suck.

The Boss
09-13-2011, 11:54
I don't see Francesa going anywhere until he decides to, unless he pulls an Imus.

I cringe whenever Mike starts talking about racial issues.. all it takes is the slightest mis-phrasing of something to cause an outrage and be considered racist. Luckily it doesnt come up often.

Jawn Maine
10-02-2011, 12:20
When I first heard the rumor that WFan was planning to move Mike Francesa from his time slot, I figured that since I have no information on the subject, that I shouldnt spread unfounded rumors about it on this site. However I have had several people ask me about this, so I have decided to approach the subject the following way - I am going to report that somebody is reporting that

Now, that tweet from @IncarceratedBob, along with about 10 others on the subject all saying the same basic thing, have people wanting me to back this up or discount it.

First off if you are on twitter and not following Incarcerated Bob you should be. Even if you don't know him from twitter you have probably heard him call into the FAN many times. He always has breaking news and inside info.

Now as far as the story goes I have to think about it this way: The brass at WFan just decided, "hey, next football season lets make Mike Francesa move to another time slot'. If this is true there must be a minimum of 2 more pieces of information out there for this to make any sense. 1) Some other time slot will become available at that time and 2) Some other host(s) must be arranged (already or else whats the point of deciding now that you are moving Mike next year). The expanded story then becomes that the FAN plans on switching Mike Francesa with another show on the FAN in preparation for the next NFL Season.

Thats all I am putting out there. You all can draw your own conclusions on this story.

FYI - Depending who is reading this, you may or may not know that this site is not officially owned controlled or sponsored by WFan in anyway.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/maludeputy/OJ.png

DietCoke
10-25-2011, 18:40
the heck are ya talking about? incarcerated bob is a clown, and can get lost.

Iceman
10-25-2011, 19:50
I would guarantee you that Mike has it in his contract that the hours he works cannot be changed without his approval.

Mike is getting up there and I can foresee him in the near future cutting back to 1-6. As it is, if you noticed, the 6-6:20 segment has been filled with replays of earlier interviews from the show more and more lately. . However, I don't see Francesa making any other wholesale changes to the hours he works that much, he already has dropped Miked'Up to cut back on his work load.

The Boss
10-26-2011, 08:38
I agree with that Iceman. Even if Mike wasnt top dog in sports talk history when he signed that last contract and would certainly have his time slot guaranteed, if you factor in the fact they lost Mad Dog during that process I would have to think he had them more willing to make him happy. Thats just my feeling, but for all I know time slots might not be in the contract. I can't believe that though.

maybach
10-26-2011, 11:09
mike has left early and replayed interviews for years even with maddog.

i love when he and all sports talk hosts discuss racial issues. why not? its fun and its something that will be around forever. it makes people uncomfortable and thats always good.

wolfbugs
10-29-2011, 10:38
Where does The YES network fit into all of this???????