PDA

View Full Version : WFan Needs Its Own Phone App

The Boss
08-16-2011, 14:45
I have been thinking about this since I started having problems with my radio.com App that I listen to WFan on. Way too often the station cant be found, or when I want to turn the station on or off, I have to exit one page and go to another, then find the station again and choose the option because it always appears as "buffering" even if it's playing.
This is not WFans fault I'm sure, but the bottom line is that they should be striving to make it as easy as possible to hear, read and see all things WFan as easily as possible.

What I envision is a simple format similar to twitter where you have about 5 options on the bottom of the screen to choose from. One can be a radio which would be the "listen live" option, and the podcast library. Next to that can be the WFan article, or blog section which would basically be the things they put out on twitter, Facebook etc. The other tabs can have their promos, like now for example, the Fantasy Phenom dates, and info on all the other live events, like Mike at Mulcahys.

If I were the one designing it I would have all sorts of other tabs providing information on everything from the schedule to personalities, etc.

This App would be a must have for virtually every fan of the FAN, and it would be a great way to advertise the things they are doing to all the people sitting on the train flipping through their phones for hours everyday that would otherwise never visit WFan.com when they get to their houses.

Just a thought!

Junior
08-16-2011, 17:52
I sure could use it. Makes great sense

paadtarmick
08-16-2011, 17:57
If WFAN wants to stay relevant in a rapidly changing market, they need to be more involved with web/technology than they have been IMO. Love this idea.

Jersey John
08-17-2011, 09:51
I'm sure CBS has a contract with Radio.com that would prohibit this, but the App even without the radio player in it would be better then nothing

Jersey John
08-17-2011, 09:52
I'm sure CBS has a contract with Radio.com that would prohibit this, but the App even without the radio player in it would be better then nothing

Pure Gold
08-19-2011, 10:57
They definitely need their own app i hate the radio.com app but at least we can hear it on our phone if we want to. The Sirius app sucks too.