PDA

View Full Version : Is Jeter's resurgence a result of his break-up with Minka?

212SportsWriterMike
09-01-2011, 15:47
In breaking news on the wire of unimportance, Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly have decided to part ways, according to reports. Can you connect their break-up with Jeter's resurgence? I think so.

Considering Derek Jeter's history with women, I can't say I'm really surprised about this. Jeter has compiled an all-star lineup of women throughout his time with the Yankees, a lineup that any man would envy.

His roster includes Mariah Carey, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson. Impressive to say the least, but none have come close to locking up the Yankee great. Minka was VERY close.

Can we attribute Jeter's resurgence to the break-up? Clearly I'm not an insider, but if I had to guess, I would say so.

Jeter's struggles came long after he started his relationship with Kelly. As he has moved closer to the "M" word, Jeter's numbers have gone down significantly. Now, you could say, "well they just broke up and Jeter's numbers have been up way before this happened."

As anybody who has ever been in a relationship knows, nobody breaks-up overnight. This must have been going downhill for awhile and I think we can get a good idea of how long by looking at when Jeter's bat began to wake up.

Minka was there for his 3,000th hit, but we didn't really see her again after that. Shortly after recording his 3,000th hit, Jeter's numbers have skyrocketed. In my humble opinion, I think as marriage became less likely for Jeter, he's relaxed considerably. After all, Jeter has proved over the years that he is a bachelor at heart and will most likely always will be.

The only question that remains is, what the hell will he do with that mansion he just recently built? Knowing Jeter as a great businessman, a hotel may seem the most reasonable idea.

I could care less who Jeter dates as long as his numbers remain solid. I've always said it, if he gets married, it will be the end of him. Now they are finished, Jeter is moving to a .300 average, and his job will remain secure. All is good in Yankeeland, at least until A.J. Burnett takes the mound again.

fansince87
09-01-2011, 16:19
Sorry but he had injuries, all the 3,000th hoopla, and pressure on him to alter his mechanics(which he did and then changed back recently) as well. So you can't do anymore than say it probably was some of all the things combined instead of just the Minka part. Things are hardly black and white just one thing exclusively. They also all happened around the same time so who can say for sure?

That mansion is his house and that's what it will be. He doesn't need to do anything with it but enjoy it. I'm sure he plans to eventually settle down and not be there alone but hopefully he built it as much for him as to share with a potential wife/family.

The Boss
09-01-2011, 21:01
Well Jeter missed those few games last week and now is semi slumping since he's come back, and isnt that when they broke up? They were together, as far as we know, while he was catching up to .300.

Jersey John
09-01-2011, 23:55
What a load of crap

212SportsWriterMike
09-02-2011, 10:02
Just having some fun guys! Of course it isn't the only reason, but hey, we all know the negative effect women can have on a man. Just ask Burnett! :)