PDA

View Full Version : Mike Francesa's "Revolutionary" change on WFan and YES

The Boss
09-06-2011, 11:48
About a month ago i was watching the Great Mike Francesa on YES, and he said that they would be introducing some "Revolutionary technology" in September. Well It is September and Anthony Griek who runs the MikeFrancesaYES (http://twitter.com/#!/MikeFrancesaYES) twitter account recently tweeted

Goodbye Blue Heaven, hello new look, 1pm

That could just mean they have a new look and the Blue set has changed, but I have to imagine that this has something to do with the changes Mike promised last month.

Update:
Apparently we will have to wait awhile longer for anything that could be considered "Revolutionary" and todays changes have been only in graphics, music, etc.

ogmike
09-06-2011, 13:29
Keep in mind that he was also going to launch a "revolutionary" NEW show format after The Dog left. Still waiting for that. Don't get me wrong, I am a regular listener and enjoy the show, but they should have just named it "Mike without the Mad Dog."

The Boss
09-06-2011, 17:40
I don't remember that specifically og, but I know he planned on picking a partner then changed his mind after that week of co-hosts. Welcome to the site.

FanDROID
09-06-2011, 18:07
He was supposed to do a lot of new things with the show and perhaps get a partner, but when the ratings came in and Mike'd Up was just as succesful as Mike and the Mad Dog, there was no need to change.

ogmike
09-06-2011, 19:14
Thanks for the welcome Boss. Here is a clip from back then http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-08-16/sports/17904033_1_wfan-mad-dog-show-esiason/2

I'm glad the switch to MSG never happened.

You are right Fandroid, as the article says, habits are hard to break and the listeners stayed put. I can't bring myself to pay for radio.

The Boss
09-06-2011, 20:53
"They (YES) are staying with us for the rest of the contract," Francesa said.

Underline "rest of the contract." The YES/FAN simulcast contract ends at the end of the year.

And as soon as it does, look for Francesa to take the simulcast of his new show over to the Madison Square Garden Network.

Bob Raissman accurate again

Jersey John
09-07-2011, 19:54
Its very wierd how the radio shows are on TV stations. You would think Kay would be on YES, but then again hes on ESPN Radio. So is he on ESPN TV?

Has Francesa mentioned anything about this new thing the show is going to come with?

wolfbugs
09-09-2011, 10:58
I was waiting for a BIG change!!!! Still waiting Graphics??????? Come on Mike....

The Boss
11-17-2011, 20:25
I just want to mention real quick the update Mike Francesa gave earlier this week. According to Mike, the revolutionary technology will be ready around December 5th. Mike will be providing content for some program that will work on IPhones. There has been speculation that the Ap will basically be like a video chatroom, but I cant imagine that being something people would want any part of.

Iceman
11-18-2011, 10:17
There has been speculation that the Ap will basically be like a video chatroom, but I cant imagine that being something people would want any part of.

I heard him talking about this and I hope and can't imagine that the "video chatroom" is going to be the big unveil. It doesn't seem like something that the majority of Mike's audience would really be interested in at all, it also doesn't seem like something that Mike who is not the most technology savvy guy would be so excited about. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

wolfbugs
11-18-2011, 11:25
His changes were suppose to want to have everyone copy Francesa.... I still don't see it!!!!!

The Boss
11-18-2011, 19:10
I think you guys are right, I dont see the point of being able to watch a video feed on your iphone. I believe that fans are supposed to be able to interact with act other on this thing.

BrooklynAncestry
12-26-2011, 15:06
According to Mike, the revolutionary technology will be ready around December 5th.

Did I miss it, or did it just not happen yet?

The Boss
12-27-2011, 11:00
I don't believe anything has happened yet. I'm starting to think it will be a big let down when it happens. I think Mike built it up think it was Revolutionary because he is just not very tech savy.

The Boss
01-17-2012, 12:58
Another update today. Caller just asked Mike about this technology and Mike again said it should be ready shortly. The ap is on his laptop, the staff is being trained, and they should be able to use it in the next few days or at least before he heads down to the Super Bowl. Can't wait

Bobcat
01-18-2012, 11:49
I completely agree with your post from 12-27. I think he has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to technology and this will just end up being a regular interactive App or something like that. I find it hard to believe that CBS or YES would come up with something more advanced than ESPN would have.

Bobcat
02-13-2012, 12:47
I called it! Previous post, 1/18, interactive app. Damn I'm good haha. If he just told us that we would think it was cool instead of just being completely over-hyped.

Junior
02-13-2012, 13:57
Please post all new comments in the thread Mike Francesas New-IPhone-App (http://66wfan.net/showthread.php?1988-Mike-Francesas-new-IPhone-App)