PDA

View Full Version : Callahan's Reaction to Being Named Captain

RayMooch
09-14-2011, 18:26
As we know, Ryan Callahan has been named the 26th captain in the New York Rangers history. However, what we don't know is the impact that he will have over his tenure as the team's leader. We all know that Cally has been a leader both on and off the ice in his Rangers' career. It was obvious that Cally was the fan's choice, and now we know he was also the coach's choice to lead this up and coming Rangers' team for at least the next 3 years. Callahan said "Obviously there comes a little bit more leadership role with it and some more responsibility at the same time I have to do what I do and not the letter on my sweater affect my game or how I approach the game.‘You’re captain for a reason and continue to lead the way you do and play the way you do.’” It shouldn't come as much of a surprise but Ryan Callahan will make this organization proud and hopefully lead this team into championship contention of the next few years. He is in my opinion, the best choice for Rangers' captain since Mark Messier wore the 'C' on his chest.

Junior
09-16-2011, 19:40
Well see how he feels after the isles put him into the boards a few times.

TheProgramBTR
09-20-2011, 19:02
It is a good choice. He has command of the locker room. Clearly, the Rangers thought about this. Devils face an interesting "C" dilemma themselves.