PDA

View Full Version : Hogan/Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy

The Boss
10-29-2011, 13:34
I found this clip and had to post it. Anybody that watched wrestling back in this era knows how big of a match something like this would have been.
Saturday Night Main Event was the event that all the actual fights took place on. Saturday morning wrestling was always a real wrestler vs some random jobber, The Brooklyn Brawler probably being the most famous. There where no PPVs every month and nothing was in Prime time. This might have even been before Wrestle Mania 1. You can hear how huge a pop this fight got every time Hogan lands a shot. Wrestle Manias are lucky to get that now a days.

Enjoy, and leave a note with any matches you might remember from SNME, and I'll see if I can find them and post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucEGxf4VgzI&feature=related

Jersey John
10-30-2011, 16:33
Find me a match when Andre does something besides backhand chops and headbutts. I've never seen the man move in a match but he;s considered an all time great.

Astoriasean
02-28-2012, 21:54
Jersey, If you can find matches of Andre in the 1970's he could move quite well, Unfortunately, as his disease, gigantism, progressed, he became increasingly limited to, chops and headbutts