PDA

View Full Version : Blatantly Racist Promo from David Schultz

The Boss
11-01-2011, 22:26
It's rare to see something this far over the top. I think this is from 1984, and it's not like racism or racist comments were ok, legally back then, so it's hard for me to wrap my mind around this! I'd like to her thoughts on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0do83v2z9E&feature=related

Jersey John
11-01-2011, 22:48
That is brutal. That Morten Downey Jr Clip from months ago had him giving off the vibe, but this is pretty black and white, so to speak. The world was just way less PC back then I guess. Besides, wrestling wasnt very mainstream at this point.

Junior
11-03-2011, 00:59
I never knew they went that far back then. I knew Dr D was bad, but this goes far beyond anything I could imagine

Iceman
11-03-2011, 10:27
Wow. That was pretty over the top. Different time I guess, also was the WWF national at this time or was it still a regional show, where did this air?

The Boss
11-03-2011, 13:42
Well I'm not sure exactly when they made the transfer to national show but it was about this time. 85 was first WrestleMania and I think this is from 84.

KillaKaelb
02-15-2012, 09:26
My dad is actually friends with an old time wrestler, no one big, but he knows all the big names personally. I went to a Wrestling show and he was telling us that Schultz was one of the craziest guys he ever met. He would bug out on reporters for no reason. There is a clip out there of a reporter asking Schultz if wrestling is real. It is really funny and also shows how crazy Schultz is.

KillaKaelb
02-15-2012, 09:27
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrX9Ca7LSyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Astoriasean
02-28-2012, 21:48
Yes, old-school pro wrestling was over the top. There were Nazi Gimmicks (Baron Von Raschke and Fritz Von Erich) Indians (Chief Jay Strongbow) Blood was spilled more freely, fans would nearly or full on riot if a hometown hero lost, Ivan Koloff played a communist (French Canadian in real life) Abdullah the Butcher a savage Sudanese (a Canadian in real life) George Steele a wildman, and a gym teacher in real life. So, wrestling WAS quite liberal back then.

Astoriasean
02-28-2012, 21:51
Watched the clip. Roddy was the same guy who took a coconut and bashed Jimmy Snuka in the head. (Snuka is Fijian)