PDA

View Full Version : Did the UFC make any new fans

Iceman
11-12-2011, 21:45
I have to think that Dana and company have to be disappointed with UFC on Fox 1.

After 30 minutes of mediocre pregame, bruce buffers awkward jumping introduction that went on too long, it was a 64 second fight that did nothing to demonstrate the skill and appeal of the ufc. Heck, it wasn't even a great knockout. So despite joe rogan screaming about how unbelievble the fight was, does anyone else think this was the worst way UFC on Fox 1 could have played out.

Junior
11-13-2011, 08:08
It was pretty bad. One strength of UFC cards is 3 out of 5 fight will be great. That henderson v guida fight looked incredible. Should have had at least the 2 fights.

The Boss
11-13-2011, 08:22
Its like I said in that last thread, the build up from Fox was not going to draw in viewers to these fighters. If i dont know UFC, and I see the story of some poor kid from Brazil fighting some guy that is the son of Mexican immigrants, and 30 years after immigrating the father still doesnt speak a word of english, and the Arizona born fighter is calling himself a mexican, and then I see a nothing fight, I'm not interested in watching again and like I said, if I am a middle aged white American guy, I am now prejudice to what the sport is

Iceman
02-03-2012, 15:00
Any thoughts about UFC on FOX 2. They tried hard but the fights were just not entertaining. Looks like they just can't seem to catch a break with these fights.

At least they seem to be throwing all caution to the wind with UFC on FOX 3. Miller -vs- Nate Diaz as main event and Pat Barry -vs- Lavar Johnson seem to be tailor made brawls, that should be entertaining.

BrooklynAncestry
02-04-2012, 03:26
None of the Fox fights were very good. They had the Main Event pushed to 5 rounds and it never really got entertaining. Maybe Overeem can be on a Fox card next time. Strikers would be better