PDA

View Full Version : Mike's On

The Boss
01-17-2012, 12:07
Thats the new name for the Mike Francesa Show.

Unless you just want to call it "The Mike Francesa Show", "Mike's On" is about as good a name as any. What do you all think?

On a side note, "Mike's On" was trending on Twitter within minutes of Francesas new show name being revealed. The man has always been a trend setter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH46Nz4_2uQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

DietCoke
01-17-2012, 12:32
bro its stellar

BrooklynAncestry
01-17-2012, 12:47
"Mike's On" seems a little weird but Francesa said we will get used to it quickly and I have to listen to the big man and agree!

KillaKaelb
01-17-2012, 20:50
We should boycott NBC now. Mike'd Up was the best name.

The Boss
01-17-2012, 21:12
Killa, thanks for being the first competitor to actually post in the WFan forum, and for having your signature correct. You are in the lead for the Yankee account.

As for the name, the longer I think about the more I think they just wanted to come up with a name that let them change it inside the existing jingle. I remember them taking forever to come up with a jingle when Dog left. I think this was just the easiest thing for them to do.

BJ
01-17-2012, 22:34
Really "Mike's On" ? Come on ! I know Mike probably dont wanna hear it but it took me like forever to get over "Mike & The Mad dog "..Mike's On, my goodness..Honestly ,I think I like The Mike Francesa show beeter than that..All these WFAN guys,the best they can come up with is that..I gotta think of something tonight..thats just lifeless.."hey guys, put on the radio Mike's ON is coming on..AWFUL !

Bobcat
01-18-2012, 11:44
Francesa said we would forget all about "Mike'd Up" in a few days, so it must be true. haha

He said they couldn't come to an agreement with NBC. What could they possibly want for that stupid name anyway? Does Bruce Beck really want the TV show to still be called Mike'd Up?

Yankees
@TheRealBobcat

KillaKaelb
01-18-2012, 14:27
Everyone always hates change, but like everything else it will only be a matter of time until we all get used to it. I will miss name Mike'd Up, but as Mike said, we will all get used to it.

Junior
01-24-2012, 10:59
What is wrong with "Mike's Up"?