PDA

View Full Version : NYY prospect Jorge Vazquez...

BJ
01-17-2012, 21:40
One name that keeps popping up among Yankees fans ,especially on twitter ,as a possible replacement DH is Jorge Vazquez. At first glace he certainly seems tempting considering he hit 32 homers in Triple-A last season . However, there are big reasons according to some scouts why he’ll never get a chance in anything more than an emergency callup role. The guy has holes in his swing, he strikes out a ton and barely ever walks. Josh Norris of the Trentonian recently interviewed Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long, who said that Vazquez might be the equivalent of a .200 hitter in the majors,yep thats not a typo,.200 ! Long gives the impression that if it were up to him, Vazquez wouldn’t be coming to the Bronx at all next year,let alone start the season as DH..Here is the quote: “I don’t know. I couldn’t tell you,” Long said when asked if Vazquez could have a big league impact in 2012. “I know that he had a very good year in Scranton, a lot of home runs, but he hit .250. Two-fifty in Triple-A is probably equivalent to .200 in the big leagues. I think that answers the question for many NYY fans,especially the fans on twitter.

The Boss
01-17-2012, 22:28
We are discussing the great Jorge Vazquez already right here. (http://66wfan.net/showthread.php?1892-Yankees-2012-DH)