PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan on "Mike's On" at 1:30 today!

Bobcat
01-20-2012, 11:53
How long before Rex Ryan hangs up on Francesa? I'm setting the over/under on 8 minutes. :cool:

Junior
01-20-2012, 12:08
Rex has thick skin. He knows what's coming and I bet he stays in control

BJ
01-20-2012, 12:48
I hate Rex Ryan..He's so overated..Only person who gives em credit for anythingis himself..talks a big gm..Mikey should rip em

Bobcat
01-20-2012, 13:09
I'm surprised things stayed civil on both sides. You gotta admit that Rex owned up to his shortcomings.

Iceman
01-20-2012, 15:20
It was civil. In August it was civil too. Not sure we will ever get the on-air fireworks that I think so many people would expect/want when these two heavyweights chat.

For what its worth, it seems Rex does a good job of just taking whatever Mike says in stride, he didn't come off as defensive about the criticism.

KillaKaelb
01-20-2012, 16:48
I feel like Rex usually owns up to things. You have to when you make such bold predictions like he does. Especially, when his team doesn't deliver.

The Boss
01-20-2012, 20:12
I think if Rex had to do this interview weekly it would really get to him and he would snap. Friday right before the Giants play in the championship round, and 3 weeks after his season ended is a carefully selected time for this.

ss12108
01-20-2012, 22:18
He generally backs down during live interviews. He makes his bold statements at press conferences and what-not, but when he has an experienced interviewer like Mike, he pretty much backs down from the brashness and proves a lot of it is just an act. He did seem to try to skate around a few questions but when Mike pressed the issues he answered fairly direct.

Some guys are just better served as a coordinator honestly. Dick Lebeau (Steelers) and the late Jim Johnson (Eagles) were D coordinators for decades for the same team (Lebeau is STILL with the Steelers), and there's nothing wrong with that. Its something Spags should have considered as well.

I think defensive minded people are just better served as coordinators because they could just give a damn about soft offensive players with egos haha.

fansince87
01-21-2012, 10:33
Pretty much rehearsed with the PR guys or what not. Interesting why Rex took so long to show up. I don't think he was ducking Mike but getting his ducks in a row. They replayed Rex from the Kay show this morning and Rex said the same things nearly word for word. He had a script and stuck to it and steered away from any traps. Loses it's luster the second time around.

KillaKaelb
01-21-2012, 13:52
It probably was rehearsed because since the team will be mostly the same players, he needs everyone all in for next year, so he probably doewnt want to throw anyone under the bus.

DietCoke
01-24-2012, 19:05
if you guys think rex rehearsed this interview you are all nuts. rex doesnt care about mike, and just did the interview when he wanted to.

Iceman
01-25-2012, 09:52
It's not just Mike. Rex is well rehearsed. If you listen to Rex in press conferences or media gatherings he is one person. But when he does sit down lengthy interviews with Mike or any other interviewer he comes off completely different. He has basically admitted that most of the stuff at the press conferences and post game chats, he believes but it is an act.

fansince87
01-26-2012, 14:23
if you guys think rex rehearsed this interview you are all nuts. rex doesnt care about mike, and just did the interview when he wanted to.

Download Rex on KAY and download Rex on Mike. Listen to both. Come back and tell us it's not coached/rehearsed/whatever.

Rex doesn't matter. The Jets care about Mike and all the PR stuff. This is why they get Brett Farve. This is why they hire Rex Ryan. This is why the "who owns NY" thing and the "big brother, little brother" thing is brought up by the Jets.

DietCoke
03-16-2012, 17:42
Download Rex on KAY and download Rex on Mike. Listen to both. Come back and tell us it's not coached/rehearsed/whatever.

Rex doesn't matter. The Jets care about Mike and all the PR stuff. This is why they get Brett Farve. This is why they hire Rex Ryan. This is why the "who owns NY" thing and the "big brother, little brother" thing is brought up by the Jets.

youah lost man

fansince87
03-17-2012, 13:57
Seriously, bumping this thread now. Right after they fish around putting in a call to Peyton then conveniently give Mark Sanchez a supposed contract extension. Wow, I guess was totally wrong the Jets don't do things with PR right in the forefront of their minds.

"For an extra $2.75 million, Sanchez gave the Jets three straight option years, allowing the team to keep him if he finally realizes his full potential—and to cut him without further investment after the 2013 season, the 2014 season, or the 2015 season.

The contract also could be called a glorified restructuring. Per a source with knowledge of the details, Sanchez’s $11.75 million base salary for 2012 has been converted to an $8 million signing bonus, a fully-guaranteed base salary of $3.25 million, and a $500,000 workout bonus.

The contract was characterized by one league source as a “lipstick and powder” deal, and it places the proverbial ball squarely in Sanchez's court."

Lipstick and powder. Just trying to make it look good and stem the press having a field day with Peyton and with the locker room issues toward the end of the season. Again, more about how things are perceived as much as anything. If you are still in denial about how image conscious the Jets are you're probably wearing green colored glasses.