PDA

View Full Version : Player profile >>> Andres Torres

BJ
01-20-2012, 13:03
I know quite a bit of Andres Torres because I owned him on my fantasy team the last 2 yrs.Torres was one of the biggest fantasy baseball disappointments in 2011. After a breakout 2010 season, Torres was marred by injury in 2011. It also didn't help that the Giants had a crowded outfield situation. Torres,a switch hitter, is now the Mets' starting center fielder and probable leadoff hitter.He has some pop in his bat especially from the left side of the plate,but he struggled quite a bit last yr from the right side.So much so that he found himself in a platoon on SF with Rowand.Torres does have good speed,enough to probably tally 30+ SB...He has a chance for a bounce-back season in 2012, but Torres is definetly seen as an inconsistent hitter.

ss12108
01-21-2012, 18:33
Even if he has a career average year offensively (which isn't great), his defense is the key. He's a cheap stop-gap solution to CF...a way to get rid of the maddening play of Angel Pagan. A bounceback from Bay and continued development from Duda, and they don't need to get a ton offensively from Torres. If he plays the defense he's capable of, they will be very happy with him in CF.

Again...he's just filling a spot for now on a team that just cut their payroll 37% in one year and is looking to cut even more. They'll keep him around until one of the youngsters proves they can play everyday at the ML level. Not sure who that may be at this point though!