PDA

View Full Version : NYG v SF - Predictions, Analysis, Trash Talk

ss12108
01-21-2012, 12:03
Calling all fans, both NYG and 49ers. Let's hear your predictions for the game, analysis on what to look for, or just some flat out trash talk. I've already posted my feelings on the game here - http://66wfan.net/showthread.php?1905-NYG-v-SF-Preview - but this post is open to the trash talkers out there as well.

"Homers" beware...I will be on the attack if your post is baseless. I would love to see some trash talk, but things like Cruz > Jerry Rice or Alex Smith > Eli Manning will make me come AFTER you (in a non-threatening, non-serious way of course).

Let's have a little fun!! Native New Yorkers who are Yankees, Knicks, NINERS fans...I'm coming for you! You clearly were young front runners during the 90's when Deion, Jerry, S Young, Haley, and crazy neck Merton Hanks were winning super bowls out west. I say it again...FRONT RUNNERS!!! :cool:

BJ
01-21-2012, 13:05
I just dont understand why everybody is so pumped up about this Niners team. They are an average team at best ! What are u gonna throw at me their record ? Please look at that division, the Giants would have been undefeated playing those teams twice in a season..Their running game is subpar,yes Gore is really good but he did not have a good season at all this yr.And Alex Smith is Alex Smith. Good defense ? I revert back to point i made bout division they play in..Giants are so much better talent wise..Just hope Eli is ok,thats al.

ss12108
01-21-2012, 13:10
@Dr Met - Giants lost to Seahawks and Niners, and played like CRAP against the Rams. They needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Cardinals. 2-2 against that division this year is not proof that they would have gone undefeated.

Niners defense is legit, and Frank Gore had an off season FOR HIS STANDARDS. They still run for around 120 yards a game for the season.

That "average" team just beat the Saints last week...the same team that dismantled the Giants during the regular season. They may not be flashy and may not put up the big offensive numbers, but their defense is NO JOKE and their coach has them dialed into the offensive gameplan each week.

Not to say this isn't a winnable game for the GMen...but the Niners are exactly what their record says they are...a very good team with a chance to win it all.

The Boss
01-21-2012, 18:21
It is going to be great to see the Giants get smacked around. If the 9er's let these Wr's break long TD's with bad tackling I'll be done. They can beat the Giants just like they did a few months ago

ss12108
01-21-2012, 18:38
Its a flip of a coin on paper. Just depends on who shows up to play. Does the weather hamstring the Giants pass attack, or create an advantage? The WR's know when they are cutting, DBs have to react. Do the Giants continue with their history of lackluster play when traveling to the west coast?

The game in the regular season came down to the final seconds. A game winning drive by the niners and a near game winner by the Giants...10 yards from tying the game. This is the same strong niners team, but a completely different Giants team. Football fans will not be disappointed watching this game, that's for sure.

Edit: And don't forget...Manningham basically dropped the game winner on the final drive that fell short. That game was a nail-biter!

BJ
01-21-2012, 21:35
Listen by no means am I or any of you gonna claim we can predict the NFL. Anybody can beat anybody, especially in this NFL. But i just wanna make 2 points. 1- there is not one dominant defense in the whole league ,not 1.so i get angry when guys talk about the Niners they say "Oh well they got a real good defense". Please,their D is good,not great & it dont scare me. So lets not make em out to be the '85 bears !
2nd point. Everybody knows this NYG team is completely different team that played the niners & lost. They are healthy & hottest team in NFL. Very similar to year they won the super bowl. So forget throwin earlier wks at me. Means nothing.
There I stated my case and said what needed to be said. MY PREDICTION= 49ers 35-7 over NYG. LOL !!!

tomjjlcu
03-20-2012, 04:33
It is going to be great to see the Giants get smacked around. If the 9er's let these Wr's break long TD's with bad tackling I'll be done. They can beat the Giants just like they did a few months ago

They're a typical team at best ! What exactly are u gonna throw at me their record ? Please see that division, the Titans could have been undefeated playing individuals teams two times inside a season..Their running game is subpar,yes Gore is actually good but he was without a great season whatsoever this yr.And Alex Cruz is Alex Cruz.