PDA

View Full Version : The Mike Francesa 2012 Super Bowl Trivia answers

The Boss
01-23-2012, 18:47
The contest line Phone # 212 229-3490

Vikings defeat the Browns and The KC Cheifs defeated the Oaklnad Raiders in championship game before SB4

First Sb between 2 expantion teams
SB 6 - Dallas - Miami

Who did John Gruden replace as coach
Dungy

Name the 2 SB MVP's to win it in 2 straight years.
Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw

The only team to beat the Patriots more then 1 time during their 3 SB seasons?
Miami Dolphins

NBC Premeired what TV show after SB 17?
The A-team

Who did Johnny U throw his only SB TD to?
Mackey

Only team to win 2 SB in Orange Bowl?
Pitt Steelers

Who is MVP of SB 41?
Payton manning

Walter Payton playoff TD's?
2 Rushing, 1 passing.

First TD of SB 41?
Hester

What was final score of the regular season game over Denver in 1986?
19-16

SB MVP that player College ball at Navy?
Roger Staubach

Which eventual SB team also suffered the worse regular season lose by a SB champ during that season?

The Superbowl trivia Audio clips:

I was also drafted by the Minnesotta Vikings, I thought that there would be more opportunity to play, I thought it wouldbe excited I like warm weather, so I signed with Miami.

Audio by player drafted by Minnesota and Miami: Howard Twilley in '66.

The audio about McGee slipping through: Howie Williams
The Bears audio clip - Someone told me Mike Tomzac

The 2 punts down the middle: TIM MASTHAY

Joe Namath won the Jets, and his own only trip to the super bowl. What 3 other players can say this?
Brad Johnson of Tampa Bay.
Trent Dilfer of Balitmore
Drew Brees of New Orleans

Whos record for completion % did Phil Simms break? Kenny Anderson

Bob Griese was 6-of-7 in Super Bowl VIII but Ken Anderson was at 73 percent in 1981.

2 teams that are 0-2 in SB?
Bengals and Eagles

Who are the 2 SuperBowl coaches that once coached the Lions?

Bobby Ross, Don McCafferty

What Super Bowl head coach was once an assist under Red Miller?
Bill Bellicchik

Bill Bellichick replaced Pete Caroll as coach in NE

New audio for Steelers 7th Super Bowl is
Brett Keisel

2 QB that are 2-1 in Super Bowl are?
Big Ben, Griese

First SB coached by 2 ppl that had already won SB's are?
Laundry and Knoll SB 10

What Giants Head coach played at Witchita St?
Bill Parcells

Who is the only QB to start a Super Bowl in 3 separate Decades?
Gene Upshaw

Who are the 3 future HOFers to play in Super Bowl 21?
Elway, LT, Harry Carson

The 4 Coaches to Lose 4 Super Bowls are
1- Dan Reeves
2- Marv Levy
3- Bud Grant
4- Don Shula

Super Bowl locations:

2012 – Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
2013 – Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
2014 – MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford
2015 – University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale

How many points did the Giants score in the 2nd half of Super Bowl 21?
Denver lead 10-9 at half, 39-20 final

Thanks to If1979 for the following:

The two teams Giants beat in the 1991 playoffs were Chicago and San Francisco

The Ravens were the one SB opponent the giants did not play in the regular season

Kenny Phillips was the giants' first-round pick after SB42

The Bengals and Eagles are the only teams to make two SB appearances and lose both

The Giants scored 30 points in the second half of Super Bowl 21.

What QB left a Super Bowl team to play for the Jets the next season?
O'Donnell

1986 Giants lost to the Cowboys and Seahawks

The backup QB for the Packers in SB 30 against the Patriots is Jim McMahon

The two teams the Giants beat on the way to SB35 in 2001 were the Eagles and Vikings.

The score of the regular season game against Buffalo in 1990 was 17-13

2 SB MVPs that played at Miami, one is OJ Anderson. I think the other is Ray Lewis.

last QB to throw two fourth quarter touchdowns was Kurt Warner against the Steelers in 2009.

The coach that won a super bowl and went to Pacific is Tom Flores.

Superbowl 42 final score 17-14

The three starting Superbowl Quarterbacks that are deceased are: Steve McNair, Johnny Unitas, David Woodley

The audio about the ring is John Kuhn !

The Ravens were the one SB opponent the giants did not play in the regular season

The Bengals and Eagles are the only teams to make two SB appearances and lose both

first player to score touchdowns in back-to-back super bowls was thomas on dallas in super bowl five and six against the Colts. For what it's worth, I was guessing a Packer before looking it up.

First match up of Super Bowl winning coaches was Noll and Landry. The last one was Walsh and Shula in 1985.

The Raider that went missing before Super 37 is Barrett Robbins, who was an offensive lineman.

Joe Kapp is the other Viking QB. He played in Super Bowl Four against the Chiefs.

Hank Stram and Ditka are the two former Saints coaches that won Super Bowls.

Jerry Seeman was the referee of Super Bowl 25

Pete Carroll preceded Belichick in New England. Belichick was an assistant under Red Miller.

Five coaches to take two different team to a Super Bowl, Parcells, Shula, Reeves, Holmgrem and Vermeil

Ray Perkins preceded Parcells as coach of the Giants.

Willie Parker's 75-yard TD in SB XL is the longest in Super Bowl history.

Mike Tomlin is the youngest coach to reach the Super Bowl twice.

Last man from Miami to score a SB TD was Jeremy Shockey and it was the go-ahead score for the Saints.

John Elway is the only MVP to win it in his last game.

Only road loss for the 2007 Giants was the season opener in Dallas, they lost 45-35.

Radio play by play guy that caught a pass in the Super Bowl was Jimmy Cefalo in Super Bowl 17. It was a 76-yard pass from David Woodley.

lf1979
01-23-2012, 19:28

first player to score touchdowns in back-to-back super bowls was thomas on dallas in super bowl five and six against the Colts. For what it's worth, I was guessing a Packer before looking it up.

First match up of Super Bowl winning coaches was Noll and Landry. The last one was Walsh and Shula in 1985.

The Raider that went missing before Super 37 is Barrett Robbins, who was an offensive lineman.

Joe Kapp is the other Viking QB. He played in Super Bowl Four against the Chiefs.

Hank Stram and Ditka are the two former Saints coaches that won Super Bowls.

Bill Parcells was a linebacker at Wichita State.

Jerry Seeman was the referee of Super Bowl 25

Pete Carroll preceded Belichick in New England. Belichick was an assistant under Red Miller.

Five coaches to take two different team to a Super Bowl, Parcells, Shula, Reeves, Holmgrem and Vermeil

Bobby Ross and Don McCafferty were the two SB head coaches that once coached the Lions. Ross with the Chargers and McCafferty with the Baltimore Colts.

Ray Perkins preceded Parcells as coach of the Giants.

Willie Parker's 75-yard TD in SB XL is the longest in Super Bowl history.

Mike Tomlin is the youngest coach to reach the Super Bowl twice.

Last man from Miami to score a SB TD was Jeremy Shockey and it was the go-ahead score for the Saints.

John Elway is the only MVP to win it in his last game.

Only road loss for the 2007 Giants was the season opener in Dallas, they lost 45-35.

Radio play by play guy that caught a pass in the Super Bowl was Jimmy Cefalo in Super Bowl 17. It was a 76-yard pass from David Woodley.

Win in team's only trip, it's Brad Johnson of Tampa Bay.

Bob Griese was 6-of-7 in Super Bowl VIII but Ken Anderson was at 73 percent in 1981.

Questions from Friday Jan. 27, 2012

Super Bowl MVP from Ohio State Santonio Holmes

fpck1
01-24-2012, 14:09
The audio answer is Jim Burt; got rings from Giants and 49ers.

farbs30
01-24-2012, 15:48
PUNTER I THINK WAS KAPINOS OR MASTHAY

NyGiants
01-24-2012, 17:32
THE AUDIO COULD BE Dallas Cowboy Daryl Johnston

The z-man
01-24-2012, 17:33
The audio is Sean Landeta.
You're welcome.

NyGiants
01-24-2012, 17:34
MUST SEE TV Mike Francesa Super Bowl trivia Challege on YES! 5 trips to Super Bowl given out, 1 per day.

KillaKaelb
01-24-2012, 20:40
The three starting Superbowl Quarterbacks that are deceased are: Steve McNair, Johnny Unitas, David Woodley

Jack Sunday
01-25-2012, 08:19
The audio is NOT Moose Johnston. If I hear that one more time. ....

It's Bronx-born Ricky Proehl.

Correction - HAS to be John Kuhn. The audio matches his voices dead on, and it you read this quote from the Packers Superbowl year, he's talking about the Superbowl as "an event," which is straight out of the audio clip.

Kuhn said teammates are turning to him for advice on how to handle the biggest week of their careers. Kuhn is echoing the message from Packers coach Mike McCarthy, who wants the team to think of the Super Bowl as a football game first and an event second.

"I've talked to a few guys, several guys, but we've all done a pretty good job of just trying to put this in perspective where you have the Super Bowl as an event, and you have the football game," Kuhn said. "The event is something nobody's experienced; everybody's experienced games this year. So I think we've all got that in mind -- don't let the event take over the game."

And you're welcome.

PatMulhern
01-25-2012, 12:19
It's definitely John Kuhn. Won a SB ring as a member of the Steelers practice squad at SBXL. So he's talking about talking to Packers teammates who haven't been there before and his super bowl ring. He's from southeast Pennsylvania, hence the accent, and of you YouTube search John Kuhn you will see a locker room interview where he is shirtless. Listen to his voice on that it's a dead on match.

renglish128
01-25-2012, 13:03
Green Bay played New England in Super Bowl 31, not 30. 30 was Dallas v Pittsburgh. McMahon backed up Farve in Super bowl 31.

renglish128
01-25-2012, 13:31
I think the punter talking about the score board might be Jeremy Kapinos, from Pittsburgh.

rebelromo
01-25-2012, 13:49
Seven Superbowl audio is ---BRETT KEISEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMeketansky
01-25-2012, 13:53
For the "get this thing as good as possible" audio, the answer is Dwight Freeney:

http://askville.amazon.com/wrong-Indianapolis-Colts%27-Dwight-Freeney-play-Super-Bowl-injury/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=65823715

lf1979
01-25-2012, 15:30
amazing the phones are out....

TR3
01-25-2012, 16:31
RE: Audio by player drafted by Minnesota and Miami: Howard Twilley in '66.

MONTE17
01-25-2012, 16:39
Should be Howrad Twilley, who was drafted by Vikes in '66 TE

rebelromo
01-25-2012, 16:47
So Sorry----------Punter near scoreboard..Masthay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rebelromo
01-25-2012, 16:49
TIM MASTHAY........................Green Bay PUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NyGiants
01-25-2012, 20:22
I bet the ring audio is Darryl "Moose" Johnston

BrooklynAncestry
01-25-2012, 22:07
Mike is really changing to audios around a lot this year. The John Kuhn one was played a ton but besides that he's really spread the love around

The Boss
01-26-2012, 16:16
Unfortunately todays trips were given away very quickly. Tomorrow will be the last day, and we will still update our answers. thanks to all you guys updating your comments again.

BrooklynAncestry
01-27-2012, 11:55
How is Francesa Off today? There is still a trip to give away and I never heard them say Mike was going to take off.

shelly
01-27-2012, 16:55
giants
redskins
packers

hopefully next season it will be down to 2 teams as giants will have won 4 sb's with eli winning twice