PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jones leaving the YES network

The Boss
01-27-2012, 11:20
I was pretty shocked to hear that Kim Jones was leaving the YES network, and also very hopeful this could lead to more air time for her on WFan. Using this NY Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/jones_to_leave_yes_network_izWNV8mbYjrcJ1Uvr2sKfN) story as a source we learn the following:

Kim Jones will be leaving YES after turning down several contract offers from the Yankees network

"You don't leave that job unless you have something else in the works," Jones said, but would not say where her next position will be.
Industry speculation points Jones to WFAN, where she has worked occasionally as a host, and most recently has been a frequent contributor and occasional partner with Mike Francesa.
The stationís VP of Sports Programming Mark Chernoff told The Post a full-time move there is not likely at the moment because of a lack of openings. Right now, the empty seat next to Francesa is not considered an opening.

So you see Kim say that She does have something else in the works, and you also see Mark Chernoff say that it is not with WFan.

Whatever her new position is I hope it allows her more time on WFan. It would be a shame for her to wind up somewhere with less visibility.

Best of Luck, Kim!

KillaKaelb
01-27-2012, 20:35
I heard a rumor it might have something to do with the NFL Network. Either way, she will be missed. She is one of the best and I wish she stayed with YES or went to WFAN full time, but only time will tell.

Junior
01-28-2012, 09:37
I think the Yankees broadcasts are going to lose a little bit without her. I hope she has more shows with Chris Carlin before the next big thing starts for her. They are good together. And I have to wonder who YES will replace her with.

KillaKaelb
01-28-2012, 10:15
Maybe Tina Cervasio?

The Boss
01-28-2012, 15:22
http://nationalconfidential.com/limg/michelle-beadle.jpg

Giants
01-29-2012, 15:11
She could take over the midday show tomorrow. I would welcome relief from those two and WFAN might get a Sirius subscriber back.

Bobcat
02-02-2012, 15:18
From what I read and heard, she is most likely going to the NFL Network. They're going to expand Jack Curry's role as opposed to replacing her (I hate Jack Curry).
Um, that would be a HUGE step down for Michelle Beadle.