PDA

View Full Version : Murphy working on his D

BJ
01-31-2012, 10:52
The New York Post reports that Mets Daniel Murphy plans to work with new infield coach Tim Teufel on his defense at second base. Murphy had worked with Teufel last spring training, back when Teufel was the manager of the Mets' Triple-A affiliate in Buffalo, and he will continue his work this spring. I know Ive got to get better at everything around the bag at second base, Murphy said. And [Teufel] has told me hes watched film of me, but hes also seen with his own eyes what I need to do and how to attack it. Murphy is not only looking to improve his play in the field, but he is also trying to avoid injury, as both of his knee injuries over the last two seasons resulted from difficulties in turning double plays.
Get full article & analysis at http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1208667/rss

Junior
01-31-2012, 15:26
Isn't Murphy that guy that Buckners all those grounders and Cansecos all those flys?!

BrooklynAncestry
02-01-2012, 06:53
Murphs is the guy with the good bat. Working on the D is the best thing he can be doing. I see an AL team in his future eventually