PDA

View Full Version : Do Met fans enjoy their GM's sense of humor ?

BJ
02-12-2012, 08:37
It's almost reminiscent of Jerry Manuel cracking jokes in post game show a couple yrs ago as his whole team was falling apart & hitting the DL. My question is ,is it ok for the GM of your team to joke about the team finances and his trades.Here is Sandy's tweets if you missed em “@MetsGM: Getting ready for Spring Training-Driving to FL but haven’t left yet. Big fundraiser tonight for gas money. Also exploring PAC contribution.”
And comparing tires he purchased at a junkyard to a huge trade he made ,he tweeted “@MetsGM: Prepping for trip. Bought 4 like-new tires at chop shop across from Citi. He threw in free wiper fluid. Better than the Wheeler deal!”
Ok, I admit it's pretty funny and maybe it should put things into perspective that you should always find a way to laugh no matter how bad the situation.But my personal opinion is ,for the Met fan who has been suffering thru all of this for the last couple yrs,the fans that spend their hard earned $$ on tickets to go watch this debacle,it finally is perfectly clear to us.The Mets organization is a complete joke ! Rite now they are hand & hand with the Oakland A's for the laughing stock of baseball.Actually,atleast Billy Beane has a plan.Atleast he's in a small market and trying to make an effort to turn things around.Atleast he has a plan ! What is Alderson's plan ? Can you picture Beane cracking jokes to fans on twitter about the Gio Gonzalez trade ? You are probably saying to yourself calm down Dr Met,relax its only baseball.But that rite there is the problem with most Mets fans.They have too much of a sense of humor.A sense of humor that just watched Omar Minaya completly destruct your organization. A sense of humor that just laughed as every single player on your fav team was hitting the DL season after season. If Met fans are real baseball fans & love their team they need to stop laughing at all of this. Enuf is ENUF ! I get tweets like "lighten up" or "it's only baseball". That's what Royals fans say,not Met fans ! You think Yankees fans would tolerate this ? No way Jose ! Ohhh, Jose,that's a whole other story..Met fans, I hope you do have a sense of humor because the whole baseball world is laughing at you rite now...Rant over !

The Boss
02-12-2012, 10:04
@MetsGM: Getting ready for Spring Training-Driving to FL but haven’t left yet. Big fundraiser tonight for gas money. Also exploring PAC contribution.

I am no Met fan, but I don't understand that problem with this. He never compared anything to the Mets finance. To me, He's just saying gas is expensive.

@MetsGM: Prepping for trip. Bought 4 like-new tires at chop shop across from Citi. He threw in free wiper fluid. Better than the Wheeler deal!

This one is a bit different, but not devastating. Anybody throwing a fit is looking for a reason to be upset with the Mets. You don't have to create things to be mad about.

KillaKaelb
02-12-2012, 15:16
Sandy Alderson
@MetsGM Inspired by Jose & Joba, got a haircut for charity, but @MLBNetwork wasn't interested. Barber "donated" clippings to trash can on 84th St

This may be the best tweet by him so far.

nick
02-13-2012, 04:14
I have no problems with sandy's sense of humor. i mean, if you don't laugh at yourself - what are you going to do - cry? And what's the point of that. We all know that the Mets do not look good right now, but who knows. That is why we play the games.

BJ
02-13-2012, 04:28
This is the problem with Met Fans ! "It's ok " ? Gimme a break. I garaunteed if Cashman was doing anything to poke fun at the NYY org he'd be fired on the spot..If Gene Michael poked fun at the NYY why they were struggling THE BOSS would have his head on a platter.WAKE UP METS FANS !!! Any diehard Met fan who don't have a problem with this is clueless.Even better question is do the Wilpons have a problem with it ? They're CLUELESS

The Boss
02-13-2012, 23:44
I have no problems with sandy's sense of humor. i mean, if you don't laugh at yourself - what are you going to do - cry? And what's the point of that. We all know that the Mets do not look good right now, but who knows. That is why we play the games.

I think it is a breath of fresh air.

BrooklynAncestry
02-17-2012, 00:23
Sandy said he wasn't making jokes about the Mets situation, well then what are these tweets? Him being serious?