PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 29 coming to NJ!

KillaKaelb
02-15-2012, 19:25
On the eve of Elimination Chamber, sorta, an announcement came out that has the entire Tri-State Area rocking. However, this announcement has is not for anytime soon, in fact, it is for the year 2013. Are we talking about the SuperBowl? No. Linsanity? No Way! The announcement is about the greatest night in sports entertainment. The Wrestling worlds SuperBowl. It is the announcement that Wrestlemania 29 is coming to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford NJ.

Mark your calendars. April 7, 2013.

Every year there are multiple choices for the venue, and it seemed like NJ ended up being the slam dunk choice. Why? Well we all know Vince McMahon has one of the biggest egos, so why wouldn’t he want to beat the NFL to the punch and hold a huge event at MetLife stadium before the SuperBowl. Vince is going to want to show the entire world that no one puts on an event like WWE.

There are a couple of issues that may have to be addressed. MetLife Stadium does not have a roof. Since Wrestlemania is being held in early April, there is an opportunity for a few different weather situations. What happens if it rains? We have seen snow in April before, what happens if it snows? Does temperature matter? If it is 40 degrees that night how will the wrestlers react? It would not surprise me if Vince McMahon says, “Don’t worry it won’t happen”

With Wrestlemania coming to NJ, the crowd is expected to be hot. All NY/NJ wrestling crowds express their opinions loud and proud. If you are in the area at that date and are lucky enough to go it should be an experience of a lifetime.

The Boss
02-15-2012, 20:16
They will obviously have to have some sort of roof over the ring area if there is a chance of rain. The WWE has lost a lot of its luster in the last 10 years but this event might bring it back just a bit.

KillaKaelb
02-17-2012, 19:07
I am not sure how much it will bring back, but it can't hurt.

With the ring, they will have something over it. I am curious how the view will be from the upper deck with the cover.

KillaKaelb
02-17-2012, 19:08
I am not sure how much it will bring back, but it can't hurt.

With the ring, they will have something over it. I am curious how the view will be from the upper deck with the cover.

KillaKaelb
02-17-2012, 19:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U_3J50bOU6Q

1:55 John Cena says he wants snow at Wrestlemania 29!

The Boss
02-18-2012, 10:46
Awful audio. But as long as it doesnt get on the ring snow would paint a nice picture

KillaKaelb
02-18-2012, 11:15
Yeah the audio is terrible, but it was the only video I could find about the topic.

It would be cool, but I just keep thinking of the temperature being 40 or below and all those wrestlers who wrestler in just the "underwear" attire. We might be seeing new attire for a lot of the wrestlers at Wrestlemania 29.

Junior
02-18-2012, 12:00
Unless it is freezing the temperature should not be a problem. Adrenaline and the general physical activity they perform will have them sweating right away.

KillaKaelb
02-18-2012, 14:00
As the match moves along they won't feel it anymore, but imagine that person who takes a chop from Big Show in the freezing cold.

Junior
02-18-2012, 22:16
Imagine taking that chop at room temperature

KillaKaelb
02-19-2012, 12:25
That is very true. I am just thinking it will be so much worse in 40 degrees.