PDA

View Full Version : Mets Opening Week

@NYSportsUpdates
04-02-2012, 21:26
Well it's that time of year again in Flushing Queens. Citi Field is open for buisseness and the Mets are ready for another year. The Mets got some inspiring news on Sunday that their ace Johan Santana would be on the mound for opening day and possibly good to go for the season. The Mets open their season Thursday against their division rivals the Atlanta Braves. It seems like the Mets Rotation is set as well is the lineup. The Rotation goes Santana, Dickey, Niese, Big Pelf, and then Gee. It's not a terrible rotation but it could be better.
The lineup is stacked with big bats. With Davis and Duda's power to right and Wright and Bay's power to the left the Mets homerun count could increase.
And don't forget they brought in the fences this
Summer. The Mets open the first series against the Braves and they go on from then.
Here's to a season full of surprises of Mets baseball.

Junior
04-03-2012, 11:45
I almost want these Mets to do well. I can't take another year of Met hate. I hope they do well.

Bobcat
04-06-2012, 11:32
I think they could be competitive and fun to watch. Gotta like Wright, Davis, and Duda in the middle of that lineup. And, I have to say the Mets did a great job with Opening Day yesterday. Very classy and entertaining.

@NYSportsUpdates
04-07-2012, 12:11
And it's gotta be Jason Bays year. Another big bat in the middle of the lineup. And they moved in the fences too. All we can do is hope for a good year.

BrooklynAncestry
04-07-2012, 20:30
Jason Bay was never that great to begin with, but "his old self" would be a big help.