PDA

View Full Version : Yankees-Red Sox Weekend Series

Bobcat
04-20-2012, 15:57
Here's your TV schedule and pitching matchups for the rest of this weekend's Yankees-Red Sox series. Feel free to post your own input.

Saturday 4/21 4PM on FOX:
NYY: F. Garcia (0-1, 6.97)
BOS: F. Doubront (0-0, 5.40)

Sunday 4/22 8PM on ESPN:
NYY: C. Sabathia (1-0, 5.59)
BOS: D. Bard (0-2, 4.63)

News & Notes: Gardner was placed on the 15 Day DL. RHP Cody Eppely took his place on the roster. So for now, the Yankees are carrying 13 pitchers instead of an extra OF. Girardi said LF will be a straight lefty/righty platoon between Ibanez and Jones. Eduardo Nunez would likely be the backup centerfielder if Granderson needs to be replaced.

Bobcat
04-20-2012, 17:42
Pettitte threw 5.2 innings in extended spring today and expects to move to higher classification for next start. Should need about 4 more starts before he's ready.

Michael Pineda will pitch in an extended spring training game Saturday in Tampa. This means the Yankees feel he is healthy enough to move forward with his rehab. It will be his first game action since landing on the 15-day disabled list with shoulder tendinitis. He's expected to go two innings.

The Boss
04-20-2012, 20:49
Its good to give the Sox a beating on any of their celebration days. It looks like I will miss all these games, but John and Suzyn keep me entertained. Hopefully I can catch the end of tomorrows.