PDA

View Full Version : Rangers win 4-2, earn Game 7

@NYSportsUpdates
04-24-2012, 17:54
Everything that needed to happen for the Rangers on Tuesday Night. There was goal scoring, defense and a couple of power play goals. Put it all together and it resulted in a 4-2 New York win.
It all started with the Ottawa goal in the first period, it looked like all hope was lost and it would be another fustrating offensive game for the Rangers. The first goal for the Rangers was scored by Derek Stepan. A nice pass from Richards got it started and Stepan put it in the back of the net. 1-1 at that point, then Prust and Neil dropped the gloves. It was a great fight and got the Rangers pumped up and gave them the momentum. They used the enegry off the fight to score one of their two power play goals. This one came on a 5-3 advantadge and Richards came up with the slapshot and got it past the goaltender Anderson on his stick side and gave the Rangers a 2-1 lead. And then to cap it all of, rookie foward Chris Krieder scores the eventual game winning goal on yet another Rangers powerplay. A fantastic pass from Stepan and Krieder put it in the net on a wrist shot.
The third period came and with 20 minutes to go the Rangers held a 3-1 lead over the Senators and Lundqvist wasn't going to let another collapse hurt the Rangers. Out of his 25 saves last night he made 13 of them in the 3rd period. Including an absolute robbery on Senators captain Daniel Alfreddson. They did score one goal on the King in the third period, it was a questionable goal and it was reviewed. But in the end the refs determined that Chris Neil did not kick it in the net and the Senators were awarded their senond goal. A 30 second scramble followed but then the buzzer sounded and the Rangers were on top 3-2.
Game 7 will be at Madison Square Garden on Thursday Night. It's for all the marbles, Let's go Rangers!!

Follow me on Twitter: @FanJetsNews, @MetsFanNews and @NYSportsUpdates.
All done by the same guy.

Junior
04-24-2012, 19:29
I'm going to assume uou know the final score was 3-2 not 4-2

@NYSportsUpdates
04-24-2012, 20:04
Yeah, realized it right after I posted the thread, couldn't change
It at that point.