PDA

View Full Version : Pineda is done for the year. Get over it!!

Bobcat
04-25-2012, 20:40
Michael Pineda is done for the year with a shoulder tear. It requires a small surgical procedure and his timetable for return is 12 months. The Yankees believe he tore it during his rehab start or else it would've shown up on a previous MRI.

If you're criticizing this trade now, YOU'RE WRONG! First of all, there's no way the Yankees could've predicted this injury. It's just as likely that Jesus Montero could've been injured. Second, Montero is not exactly tearing up the AL West for the Mariners. I think he'll be a great hitter someday, but for this season, he's an unproven hitter with no position. How was he going to help the Yankees this year? Also, this wasn't like a trade for Cliff Lee. Pineda is young and inexpensive. Despite the season Pineda has under his belt, this trade was prospect for prospect. It was made for the future just as much as it was made for this season. Yes, it's going to hurt the Yankees this year. Yes, they counted on him to contribute right away. But, they see Pineda as a possible great pitcher going into his prime and there's no reason to think he won't come back 100%.

You have to look at the big picture. Too many Yankee fans are spoiled, with a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. Baseball doesn't work like that. Thats not how you build a perennial contender.

BrooklynAncestry
04-25-2012, 20:47
I'm pretty upset about this whole deal. I feel like we got robbed. I was expecting things from Pineda, now we just have crap