PDA

View Full Version : Tebow on with Boomer and Carton

The Boss
08-25-2012, 18:55
To think that some people were suggesting Tim Tebow would refuse to go on with Boomer and Carton was a joke to me. Until Tebow shows some immaturity at some point in his career (or life), I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he will act professional, as he did here.

<iframe src="http://www.msg.com/swf/tpPlayer/player.html?mediaId=2271740543" width="620" height="349" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.msg.com/swf/tpPlayer/player.html?mediaId=2271741157" width="620" height="349" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

fansince87
08-26-2012, 11:47
I just saw this one for the first time. I did tune in for about 60 seconds on the Jets camp day. I tuned in on Mark Sanchez and Boomer was trying to, for some reason, explain about NY media to Mark. This will be his fourth year here and he was told Boomer as much that he already knew. Boomer went through it with him before actually when he first arrived here. He did the "I been a Jet QB before and I'll give you some pointers" thing which was a waste of time. Then Carton is buttering him up with the winning the road games thing and his other accolades. Okay, a bit of a love-fest. We get that they are in Sanchez' Camp and not in Tebow's. Making the interviews about you? Like Mark Sanchez needs you to advise him and give him pats on the back? What was that about? I had to shut it off.

Now Tebow. Again making it about them and mostly about what Boomer said about cutting Tebow. Get over yourselves. Having them on means you can try to get some info out of them and get a clue about a camp where they are not showing anyone anything. No new info or insight. Just confirmation that they are Sanchez guys and they think that their opinions matter more than they actually do. Tebow does not need you to explain your comments as if you think you made Tebow lose sleep over them.

Just like in the Dump carton Thread. I don't think they need to be dumped. They have potential but interviews like that aren't worth much and could be better. Make amens with Tebow off the Air. Tebow just looked and nodded and was probably thinking "you really think I was that concerned with this?" Then Boomer has to explain his reasoning. So, of course(you could see it coming a mile away) when he brings up the distraction thing and we get the same Tebow response for the umpteeth time. Everyone in the world Knew Tebow would tow the company line, say there is no distraction etc. You have to do better than setting up your guest to repeat what has already been beaten to death.

Could have been worse but certainly could have been better. Really not much to take from these interviews except that B&C think a bit much of themselves and where their allegiance is. Just do some show prep and come up with something, some different angles so it is not the same stuff we've heard before. It is Jet camp day and not just any other day. It their day job and they are professional show hosts right? Asking too much??

The Boss
08-26-2012, 20:28
they think that their opinions matter more than they actually do. Tebow does not need you to explain your comments as if you think you made Tebow lose sleep over them.

Well put