PDA

View Full Version : Helmet to Helmet

Jersey John
12-05-2010, 21:44
These Steeler Raven games are alwasy hard hitting, and even with the league trying to fine players for hits we have helmet to helmet contact and this Steeler player being down for awhile. He got up on his own but what is going on these days with all these guys leaving on strechers and missing time with concussions? I never remember more then one or two guys a year being laid out and now its almost every week. Are they really just bigger and faster? I dont know if its that simple

knajois
12-08-2010, 17:47
yes, so hard hitting

The Boss
12-08-2010, 17:55
I think Knajois sums it up pretty good Johnny - back in the day wide recievers werent built like body builders, now a lot of them are and they hit and get it much harder then before. I still dont get why its impossible to constuct a helmet that can take more impact. I know they put tons of money into what we have now, and they are good, but still head injuries are a weekly event

deannatroupe
12-11-2010, 06:10
My husband and I talk about this every week. We often wonder when football became so soft. I mean some of the penalties that they call now, used to just be clean hits. They might as well call it flag football. I don't really know what the answer is. Maybe we're turning out people who can't take pain as well as they used to. I don't know.