PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez. Real deal or Real Bust?

west
12-16-2010, 21:05
These USC QBs just don't seem to do well in the NFL. Todd Marinovich, Matt Leinert and John David Booty were total busts. Matt Cassel has had flashes, but I wouldn't build a team around him. Carson Palmer has been solid, but injury prone.

So where does Sanchez fit in? Well, he's already done more the Todd and Matt ever will. But Joe Namath he is not. At least not yet.

Mark needs to mature a bit. He is playing under the microscope of NY sure, but he grew up under the gun of a National Championship Machine that Pete Carrol was running. Sanchez needs to stop pouting and step up or he will be adding to the list of former USC quarterback busts.

The Boss
12-16-2010, 21:17
Well he has been much more then expected earlier in the year, and now he sturggling. He still needs time, but I am happy with where he is right now. There have been many awful games for the offense in the last few years but those things happen. He has been very clutch with the late game scores this year. Lets hope the Jets a least win another palyoff game this year, which is better then not winning one!

BrooklynAncestry
12-16-2010, 21:35
He's the real deal, just give him a chance!

chiefgear
12-17-2010, 15:37
i don't like him he scored 6 in my playoff game lol. I think next year he may have more success

Junior
12-17-2010, 15:50
Yea NOT good weeks to have Sanchez as your fantasy QB!

chiefgear
12-17-2010, 15:52
lol i knew there was a reason he was a free agent in my league

west
12-17-2010, 19:20
Sanchez has all the tools and god given ability one could ask for. He is playing in one of the best sports cities in the world. Yet in my gut, I just don't see him being able to put it all together. Maybe he needs a Tony Dungee type coach to take Sanchez under his wing. It's just disappointing. I don't see him starting by seasons end.

The Boss
12-17-2010, 21:28
Well they have Mark brunell sitting on the sideline. I think if Mark is sucking it up and throwing 5 possible INts we could see him sit out a series to wake him up...he's not gonna lose the job though.

Jersey John
12-18-2010, 21:48
Its the team that crapping the bed the last few weeks, the last person to blame for this is Sanchez even if he is sucking right now. He'll be a good QB long term