PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Alomar and Bert Blyleven make Hall

The Boss
01-05-2011, 17:12
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/05/year-by-year-inductees-for-baseball-hof/

That a link to Inductees year by year:

2011 BBWAA: Roberto Alomar, Bert Blyleven. VC: Pat Gillick.

NAd can someone tell me how Bert Blyleven got in? Mike had been talking about it up until 4 today and I cant agree more with him.. when Was Bert ever a great pitcher? never dominate and there is a list of pitchers that now are also HOFers full of so-so names. Andre Dawson was a crock last year too. Every decent player in baseball history is going to be in there before long.

philfromnc
01-05-2011, 18:48
I think Robert Alomar should'nt be in the Hall of Fame, i think there are other players who deserve to be in there but not him.

Junior
01-05-2011, 21:50
so you think Alomar shouldnt be in but have no problem with Blyleven? Alomar isnt exactly %100 in my eyes like some other people are, but bert isnt even %10

Junior
01-06-2011, 05:16
An equal sham is McGwire getting %19 of the vote. From Mac;s stats and just how I've felt about him his whole career I say he's an HOFer, easy, but I understand some people taking issue because of the steroids issue. %19 is insultingly low though. And another point is that if baseball did not test, or have a policy against that action then how can you punish someone for taking that action? Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Big Mac, Sammie Sosa and the rest belong in the Hall, first ballot, but they will all be kept out by these writers for doing something not even against the rules. It's a bunch of trying to make up for NOT having the rule in place after the fact.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
01-06-2011, 08:18
The Hall is so watered down now it doesn't even mean what it used to. Roberto can't be very well liked by writers can he?