PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison

raidersbrother
01-18-2011, 07:27
Do you think Harrison became the helmet-to-helmet posterchild of the NFL?
My wife is a huge Steeler fan and she's still quite upset that the NFL seems to have singled out Harrison this season.

I was watching an interview with H. Ward (steelers) this past weekend, and he had stated that he found out the NFL was selling photos of the hit Harrison put on the Cleveland Browns player that he was fined for. Hypocrisy if I ever heard it! I think that's part of the reason Harrison's fines were lowered, but still... I think they singled him out and even had the refs focused on his every move. There were several calls throughout the year that seemed quite unnecessary against Harrison.

The Boss
01-18-2011, 16:53
My question is, why? Why would the NFL take a guy that is not making illegal hits and just decided to start fining him? I havent seen too many of his hits thats he has been fined for, but the one clip I saw was worth the fine. I think he just runs his mouth about it way too much which is why we know about it in the first place.

raidersbrother
01-19-2011, 07:05
I totally understand what you're saying. However, I've watched every Steeler's game this season... there have been several hits by Harrison during a game that were clean and not called for as penalties, and he later was fined for them. In addition to that, he got called for penalties (not fined) for hits that weren't even hits...especially the case for quarterbacks. I think that is part of the reason why several other of the steelers were upset over all the fines.

Personally I think the NFL went a little overboard with the whole thing. This lead to the officials being nervous and unsure of what they really need to do. Things seemed to have cooled off in the last 2 weeks of the regular season, and seem to be pretty good right now in the post-season.