PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Locations

raidersbrother
01-18-2011, 07:50
Is there a chance that the Super Bowl will ever be played in Pittsburgh?

I've been told for two reasons it will never be played there.

1.) It's outdoors
2.) Not enough hotels.

I agree with the hotel aspect, it would be hard to room everyone coming into Pittsburgh. Even if people were put up somewhere outside the city, I doubt we'd see room for them. But the issue of playing outdoors?
Is there a rule somewhere that says the Super bowl must be played indoors? Is it more of a preference? What about the old Super Bowls prior to indoor stadiums? Did anyone notice that all of the teams playing last week aside from the Falcons are cold weather teams? (just thought I'd throw that one in there. ;) ) Seahawks are arguable, but they're pretty much a cold team (or soggy however you want to look at it).

The Boss
01-18-2011, 09:58
Well the Superbowl is in Jersey in a few years and that's outdooors. Usually the Supeebowl willl go to cities with high tourism which is why New Orleans gets it even though its a small city, that way they have the hotels you mentioned. Pittsburgh doesnt seem like it gets any tourism at all to me. They also have deals that encourage teams to build new stadiums so thats why Dallas, NY and I'm guessing a few other cities with new stadiums get the big game

IFollowedLocke
01-18-2011, 10:27
^ That's true about tourism, but I remember a few years ago they had the superbowl in Jacksonville, Florida. Florida does get a lot of tourism and Jacksonville is a big city but it seems like they would have picked a city in Florida that has higher tourism than Jacksonville. I guess they also picked the location for other reasons though.

chiefgear
01-18-2011, 19:14
I wanna see a KC SB. Arrowhead stadium is due for one.

raidersbrother
01-19-2011, 06:31
It would be nice to see one in KC. I'd also really like to see one at Pittsburgh and one in Chicago!
Minnesota was talking about wanting one, and so comes with the controversy of them wanting an outdoor stadium as opposed to the indoor.

The Boss
01-19-2011, 08:43
Cities with new stadiums are getting the superbowl. Forget the old stadium having, small non touristic city of KC getting one ever

deannatroupe
01-19-2011, 12:20
I think they are preferring warmer climates or at least places that can deal with snow.

chiefgear
01-19-2011, 21:23
Well kc has had a lot of revisions. And The stadium is nice for tourism but not sure bout KC all together

raidersbrother
01-20-2011, 06:11
The warmer climate idea makes sense in regards to the fans and making certain that they can have the game on schedule without delay. It still would be awesome to see a super bowl with snow flying all around though!